• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Looks like its about that time again fellas! I'm going to try and hold two of these shoots this one in May and another one around August. I have been informed by the "boss" the date for the shoot will be May 21st.

Last year turned out awesome and everyone had a ton of fun, this year I'm going to make it a bit more matched to what you may find in other competitions. We will shooting at 210yrds once again from bench. This year we will be using official "SR-5" NRA 200yrd rifle targets. Scores will be based off of were your rounds hit on the numbered target not on overall group size like last year. I think this will make it more fair for everyone that attends and make it more familiar to the guys that have shot before like this. We will be shooting 5 shots per target and will be shooting a total of 3 targets and the scores will be added up to find the days winner. In the event of a tie, the tie will be decided by who had the most "X" hits on the bull. Same as last year, you can use any front rest you like bipod or bag or backpack whatever you have as well as a rear bag of your choosing, just NO sleds.

We will plan on meeting at 10:30 and go over range rules and how the match will be scored and do any Q&A if need be and the shoot will start ~11:00 till ?. Feel free to bring any food or drinks you may like and chairs (Ill have a few), but Ill make sure to have ice waters on hand for everyone. I'm going to open it up to 12 spots so hopefully 12 member's will be able to make it out. Just PM me or post in the thread so I can keep tabs on who's for sure going to be able to attend. Or post up any questions you may have. So get your best precision rig and best match ammo and come on out, should be a great time!

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Man, I've got a overnight hike planned on the KT trail that weekend with a group of my church buddies. :(

ETA: If I'm not there, at least that will give someone else a chance to win...:):

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I'll see what my schedule looks like as the date gets closer. Had a lot of fun last year. Would like to see how much better my hand loads can do over the 168gr FGMM I was shooting last year.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I'll see what my schedule looks like as the date gets closer. Had a lot of fun last year. Would like to see how much better my hand loads can do over the 168gr FGMM I was shooting last year.

Ha ha yea that's true, be interesting to see how they fair compared to last year! Hope you can make it out.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Depending on my NRA show schedule, I may be available to give this a try. If nothing else, maybe I can learn a few things.
    Will have to see how the scheduling goes but would like to join in the fun.

Matt

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I will try and be there. Just have to make sure the schedule works out. I have my daughter every other weekend. As the schedule stands I would not have her that weekend but the previous weekend is Mother's day weekend so the schedule will most likely flip. I will see if I can do two in a row prior...

Top Bottom