• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I do like your STI though and would like to try it someday.
    I would imagine reloads might be touchier with a single stack than double though.
    QUOTE]

Just say so sometime (ain't sure I've figured out who you are in real life though, besides a couple of the S.O.'s it is all a mystery to me.)
    The reload thing is easy if you have one of the marginally legal ice magwells:).
    The classy try out would be Bill W's 9mm Les Baer.

Haha! OK, this is an easy one- I'm the revolver guy that shot with you at Redbrush and Owensboro:laugh:

This may just be Post of the Year! I thought Post of the Year was when it was talking about Ben being prebanned from the BBQ place but this may just have overtaken it!

WIN:rockwoot:

I don't know if we officially have any new stuff to talk about just yet. I'm not even 100% sure who is match director in June to be honest.

Fail:(

Hasn't stopped anything so far.

WIN:rockwoot:

We did manage to get this to 20 pages with maybe 3 pages of good content! LOL

WIN:rockwoot:(although 3 pages of "good" content might be stretching it:laugh:)

I'm going to bring my metal detector to the June shoot. Think I'll follow Tf around with it and pick up brass.

Does that count for news about June?

WIN:rockwoot:And, yes, it absolutely is news and I'm sure Ben would love to have you follow him around. He'll probably be shooting steel cased, so you should get some solid "pings" on the detector:D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Redbrush has a new Master Class shooter! Greg Harris raked in SSP Master today at Wilmore- GOOD JOB MAN:rockwoot:

He told me we can expect some company now in ESP:laugh:

My goal today was to make ESR Expert, but I fell short by about 7 points and grabbed Sharpshooter instead. Kind of disappointing, but on the long drive home I thought it might not be so bad to make a sanctioned match as SS (and, NO, I didn't sandbag:):).

Now that I think about it, Tim, I should have called a "mental break" on that first string too:n00b:

I can't wait to run the classifer in something like 38 or 9.

Redbaron was also there, but I'm not sure what he made. He did tell me he didn't make novice:D

Good job guys!

And now for another moment in the:rules:

"A competitor may compete in club matches in a division he does
    not have a classification in, provided he competes in the highest
    classification he presently holds."

Thus, when I shoot ESP at Sharpshooter or Greg comes to the light and shoots Master in revolver- we don't want to hear anything about being unclassified:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Redbrush has a new Master Class shooter! Greg Harris raked in SSP Master today at Wilmore- GOOD JOB MAN:rockwoot:

My goal today was to make ESR Expert, but I fell short by about 7 points and grabbed Sharpshooter instead. Kind of disappointing, but on the long drive home I thought it might not be so bad to make a sanctioned match as SS (and, NO, I didn't sandbag:):).

Now that I think about it, Tim, I should have called a "mental break" on that first string too:n00b:

I can't wait to run the classifer in something like 38 or 9.

Redbaron was also there, but I'm not sure what he made. He did tell me he didn't make novice:D

Good job guys!

And now for another moment in the:rules:

"A competitor may compete in club matches in a division he does
    not have a classification in, provided he competes in the highest
    classification he presently holds."

Thus, when I shoot ESP at Sharpshooter or Greg comes to the light and shoots Master in revolver- we don't want to hear anything about being unclassified:laugh:

Congratulations to you both! I just hope Greg doesn't ever want to start shooting CDP :D

You'll get there, too. I think I have Expert in CDP in me, I just gotta shore up my longer range stuff. Can't wait for our local classifier!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Congratulations to you both! I just hope Greg doesn't ever want to start shooting CDP :D

You'll get there, too. I think I have Expert in CDP in me, I just gotta shore up my longer range stuff. Can't wait for our local classifier!

I'm not one to make excuses on why I didn't shoot like I wanted- my motto is "if you can't shoot, you can't shoot!" Still though, I don't know what happened. We ran stages 2 and 3 and then went to one. I went down 10 and 12 on those two stages (which I was happy with) and was on a slim Exp trajectory. Then we went to stage 1 and I crashed. Can't explain it. 19 down, slipped me right out of EXP. Hit all the heads shots but didn't do so well on the body. Middle target had 3 -3s in it- OUCH!

I have no doubt I can make it if I shot it tomorrow. But, I'm currently cool with marching into a major in SS:D I think you'll make it next time Mike

It wasn't as bad as one of the guys trying to make SSP Exp. He missed it by.....I kid you not......08:( Come to find out he missed it last time by .06 and the time before that by .03.

And, just in case anyone is wondering, we had 6 in our squad and from set-up to finish it took about an 1.5 hours. This includes two SSP guys getting reshoots for, ahem, "mental errors." I won't name names, but it wasn't me or Tim:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The good news is that you now know where your work will be for the next classifier! I think the off-hand shoots plus lousy accuracy on my part for stage 3 really told on me. I need to practice my left handed shooting but I find myself in such an awkward firing position...I can't quite figure it out. All I know is that I'm happy for you guys and that I am ready for my own classifier shoot, too! You'll be in Expert before you know it, too!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

My goal today was to make ESR Expert, but I fell short by about 7 points and grabbed Sharpshooter instead. :

I sit in awe and wonder and admiration, nice job to all!!

It is stuff likes this that makes me want to either practice and be what I can be, or be realistic and really focus on paste-ing.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    FYI: WFIE Ch14 actually had a positive report about today's Zombie shoot.

I was there for almost 2 hours, shot 30 rounds into 5 targets and had too many guns pointed at me than I care to remember. I left.

The worst culprits were the "range safety officers" gawking at all the guns people were carrying around. Nearly every dumbass there held their rifle SIDEWAYS to show it off pointing the muzzle down the whole line of people. VERY unnerving.

They made me take my own chamber flags out so they could shove a useless zip tie down my barrel which was promptly stuck.

There needs to be some major changes before I go back to their 'zombie shoot.'

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I was there for almost 2 hours, shot 30 rounds into 5 targets and had too many guns pointed at me than I care to remember. I left.

The worst culprits were the "range safety officers" gawking at all the guns people were carrying around. Nearly every dumbass there held their rifle SIDEWAYS to show it off pointing the muzzle down the whole line of people. VERY unnerving.

They made me take my own chamber flags out so they could shove a useless zip tie down my barrel which was promptly stuck.

Wow, that's scary. Too bad. :noway::noway::noway::noway::nuts::nuts:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hypothetically, if you were handed an XDM and you wanted a trigger kit like Ben & Brad E. use, does anybody know which one to order?

With continued apologies to anyone wishing for a coherent topic.

Wait! Add above - 'in case they fix the safety issues and I want to use something like that for the next Zombie shoot'

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

That is what I was afraid of. I talked to Jim T at the WSSC IDPA shoot and he voiced serious concerns about this very thing. That is sad.

Anyway, am I reading this right? Somebody handed out an XDm? Was it the clerk at the counter that handed it to you? :): Shoot that monster first! Or at least let me shoot it first! :D

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    My goal was to not be a novice and I succeeded! I classified as Marksman and only 13 seconds from a sharp shooter. I was 60 points down total, so with a little work on my accuracy, I'll pick up that 13 seconds!

Can't wait for our local classifier!
    Me neither!!

"mental errors." I won't name names, but it wasn't me or Tim:D
    Oh, I had some mental errors, I just didn't claim them! :):

Top Bottom