• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Excellent! I am truley glad that everything worked out for you.

Why do you not have a LTCH? Not that you need one but I am just wondering.

Because I applied for the lifetime almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back from the Sheriffs department at all. It feels like I wasted $125 for nothing :xmad:

D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Did you go L1 or did you apply at the county?

L1 is super quick - about 3-4 days. County will takes weeks.

I used L1 at Galveston PD. Then payed the rest at Cass County Sheriffs office. Randy Pryor seemed to be having a bad day or just didn't like me when I met him.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    my son applied through L1 just a couple days after his 18th birthday and he had his in about 3 days. I don't know what your holdup is but hopefully everything will be good. Otherwise they need to give a reason.

bikeman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Bloomington
    I saved myself and my academic career!! Many thanks go out to everyone who posted on this thread with words of advice!! However, they tried telling me that it was illegal to own any gun without a license, which I promptly replied that it wasn't true. Anyway, NO academic probation. It was more of a "counseling" session about what and what not to include in future presentations, which they were quite friendly about.

Excellent news. I would suggest you take a look at the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities and Conduct. It is a good resource for students. I don't believe your experience with the AD is unusual. I work with campus discipline so we can be understanding. Good luck with the rest of your education.

Top Bottom