• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Indiana supplies all the guns to Chicago's criminals don't ya know.

The United States supplies English criminals with all their guns too.

Notice this article said there are no gun shops in Chicago lol.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Are you suggesting the politician on that site is a lying sack of ****?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

For "progressives", gun control is much like communism. It works very well; it has just never been carried out correctly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Indiana supplies all the guns to Chicago's criminals don't ya know.

To be fair, I don't believe there are any in Chicago proper. The ones listed are in suburbs (Riverdale, Linwood, Melrose Park, etc.). IIRC Chicago forced them all to close within city limits.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    To be fair, I don't believe there are any in Chicago proper. The ones listed are in suburbs (Riverdale, Linwood, Melrose Park, etc.). IIRC Chicago forced them all to close within city limits.
    Streeterville Concealed Carry Training
    345 N Canal St, Chicago, IL 60606
    Screenshot_20210629-160540_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Do they sell guns, or just provide training?
    Edit: I think you are correct. Don't see anything about guns sold. However, Those little suburbs are Chicago just like they are Indianapolis. Cook County is one big city. What's to stop them from driving 10 miles to a gunshop and buying a gun and taking it back to Chicago.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Chicago Tribune says no gun stores in Chicago too.

"With no gun stores in Chicago and no background check loopholes for private sales, one thing is clear. The guns being used to kill people on the streets aren't originating in Chicago. They're coming from someplace else."

This article is from 2016, but it also claims they have no gun stored, but their ban on them was indeed declared unconstitutional in 2014.

"Despite a number of recent court cases invalidating the city's strict gun control laws, Chicago still has no gun store or range within the city limits. One man has a plan to change that.

Though Chicago eliminated its ban on gun stores in 2014, the strict restrictions they placed on where one could be located has deterred development up to this point. Christopher O'Connor has developed a plan to build both a gun store and range in the city's River West section."

I still haven't been able to find a real straight answer. Seems like I remembered reading about it here on INGO at one time, but that may have been prior to 2014.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Chicago Tribune says no gun stores in Chicago too.

"With no gun stores in Chicago and no background check loopholes for private sales, one thing is clear. The guns being used to kill people on the streets aren't originating in Chicago. They're coming from someplace else."

This article is from 2016, but it also claims they have no gun stored, but their ban on them was indeed declared unconstitutional in 2014.

"Despite a number of recent court cases invalidating the city's strict gun control laws, Chicago still has no gun store or range within the city limits. One man has a plan to change that.

Though Chicago eliminated its ban on gun stores in 2014, the strict restrictions they placed on where one could be located has deterred development up to this point. Christopher O'Connor has developed a plan to build both a gun store and range in the city's River West section."

I still haven't been able to find a real straight answer. Seems like I remembered reading about it here on INGO at one time, but that may have been prior to 2014.
    So south Chicago isn't Chicago? Riverdale? Aren't they all included in population count? Looks like Chicago itself is all business. Again 10 miles or 10 minutes can get them to a gun shop in the same county.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So.... is the "flood of illegal guns" coming from Indiana or the Chicago "suburbs"?

Telling lies is hard.... much to keep straight.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So.... is the "flood of illegal guns" coming from Indiana or the Chicago "suburbs"?

Telling lies is hard.... much to keep straight.
    Says Chicago is 234 Sq miles so they must include the burbs too.

So if you don't live in Chicago itself you don't need a foid? Say you live in a burb of Chicago.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So south Chicago isn't Chicago? Riverdale? Aren't they all included in population count? Looks like Chicago itself is all business. Again 10 miles or 10 minutes can get them to a gun shop in the same county.
    Well I think all of Cook County is considered Chicago, much like all of Marion County is considered Indianapolis, but we have suburbs (Southport, Beech Grove, etc.) that have their own mayors and police forces, etc.. But at least at one time gun shops were indeed banned within Chicago city limits (not necessarily in all of Cook County though). Despite the ban being declared unconstitutional in 2014, it's not clear that they do actually have any functioning gun shops currently because of all the BS restrictions they placed on them.

Look, I'm not defending Lightfoot or Chicago, believe me! I'm just saying that "Chicago has no gun shops" might technically be true.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well I think all of Cook County is considered Chicago, much like all of Marion County is considered Indianapolis, but we have suburbs (Southport, Beech Grove, etc.) that have their own mayors and police forces, etc.. But at least at one time gun shops were indeed banned within Chicago city limits (not necessarily in all of Cook County though). Despite the ban being declared unconstitutional in 2014, it's not clear that they do actually have any functioning gun shops currently because of all the BS restrictions they placed on them.

Look, I'm not defending Lightfoot or Chicago, believe me! I'm just saying that "Chicago has no gun shops" might technically be true.
    I just looked at a police map of Chicago and there are gun shops inside their patrol areas.

1624999353509.png

Being a country boy it's very confusing lol.

Top Bottom