• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Thanks for the clarification on that point, chizzle. I would imagine serving on the Board is a pretty thankless job, at that. I appreciate the effort you've put forth.

Craigh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    Hi Chizzle,

While we have not met (that I'm aware), I have been following the RO/SO thread and wanted to drop you a line. I've met Que at an NRA Basic Pistol Class that I assisted with and was favorably impressed. I do hang out on INGO a bit but don't post a lot.

I'm substantially involved with two gun clubs, Hoosier Hills in Columbus (handgun training officer) and South Central Gun Club (president). I've not been to MCFG but, have heard very good things, specifically about your Friday Night Steel matches.

I just wanted to let you know that I certainly appreciate your frustrations and to let you know that I think your posts and responses have been very well written and professional. As you've stated, there always seems to be someone who insists on nitpicking while not embracing the spirit of the rules.

Again, although I haven't been to your facility, from one club officer to another, I recognize your efforts, motivations behind them and thank you for them.

Don't let the bassturds get you down!!

Thanks,

Craig

PS: Thank you and MCFG for the steel donation to Hoosier Hills!! I'm working with the member you gave it to, to get matches going at our range. You guys are doing good work up there.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hi Chizzle,

While we have not met (that I'm aware), I have been following the RO/SO thread and wanted to drop you a line. I've met Que at an NRA Basic Pistol Class that I assisted with and was favorably impressed. I do hang out on INGO a bit but don't post a lot.

I'm substantially involved with two gun clubs, Hoosier Hills in Columbus (handgun training officer) and South Central Gun Club (president). I've not been to MCFG but, have heard very good things, specifically about your Friday Night Steel matches.

I just wanted to let you know that I certainly appreciate your frustrations and to let you know that I think your posts and responses have been very well written and professional. As you've stated, there always seems to be someone who insists on nitpicking while not embracing the spirit of the rules.

Again, although I haven't been to your facility, from one club officer to another, I recognize your efforts, motivations behind them and thank you for them.

Don't let the bassturds get you down!!

Thanks,

Craig

PS: Thank you and MCFG for the steel donation to Hoosier Hills!! I'm working with the member you gave it to, to get matches going at our range. You guys are doing good work up there.

Craig,
    Thanks for the encouragement. Glad to hear the used steel donation is making a difference; please make sure you pay-it-forward to some other range in need when you get the chance.
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Took the boys to the range today. I have to say it was a good time with no interference from RO. Everyone around us was on point with safety and following the new rules concerning movement and not sweeping the others around them.
    Please know our issues were with one individual and not the RO program as a whole. We want that range to stay open and remain a positive shooting experience.
    If an RO has a suggestion, give him a chance to clarify/explain and then respond in kind.
    Be safe,

CM

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Took the boys to the range today. I have to say it was a good time with no interference from RO. Everyone around us was on point with safety and following the new rules concerning movement and not sweeping the others around them.
    Please know our issues were with one individual and not the RO program as a whole. We want that range to stay open and remain a positive shooting experience.
    If an RO has a suggestion, give him a chance to clarify/explain and then respond in kind.
    Be safe,

CM

CM,
    I'm glad to hear that you had a better visit today. We are doing our best, but I can tell the people are really frustrated about the performance of 1 of the safety officers. I am confident that we have that problem solved, but we are still fighting the perception that the safety officers are at the range looking to write people up or meddle in peoples' business.

I'm hoping that as we move forward, the members begin to understand that the safety officers are really just shooters like you and me who have volunteered their time. They don't get paid, they don't have set hours, and they shouldn't be interfering with anybody shooting. In reality they are just doing what I wish every member of our club would do, and that is self policing the facility. Unfortunately, people get gun shy to perform this task when they get the kind of push back that I received from a gentleman yesterday. If you can't even make a correction or recommendation without having somebody get mad at you, members are very unlikely to want to speak up when people are breaking a rule at the club. My hope is, if we can get some "just the facts, man" range officers that we will have a good system in place in the future.

Thanks for your feedback, and for your help in keeping others on the right track too.
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    ROing.

The job of taking men hopped up on testosterone from shooting guns, who think they know everything that is to know about powder and lead, and tell them they are being unsafe toolbags who don't know what they are doing.

And then, the unsafe toolbags complain about it on the interwebs, like YOU are the bad guy.

I think maybe I will pass on that job.

I SO WISH I could make it to Tuesday nights meeting, it sounds like its going to be Springer-Esque.

128761942330363474.jpg

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Does that make me Jerry, or does that make me the bald bouncer guy? Based on my current haircut, I am guessing that I am the bouncer trying to keep people from killing each other....

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    Hello,
    Has anyone attened a Thursday night trap shoot?
    Almost everyone has their shotgun on the back bench uncased.
    From what I have observed, very few bring their shotguns cased from their cars.
    Range rules for safety reasons MUST apply to ALL!
    Covering other shooter is a common occurance.
    LET'S USE COMMON SENSE ABOUT ENFORING RANGE RULES.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hello,
    Has anyone attened a Thursday night trap shoot?
    Almost everyone has their shotgun on the back bench uncased.
    From what I have observed, very few bring their shotguns cased from their cars.
    Range rules for safety reasons MUST apply to ALL!
    Covering other shooter is a common occurance.
    LET'S USE COMMON SENSE ABOUT ENFORING RANGE RULES.

Feel free to come to the meeting to discuss. I am burned out on playing referee on the internet.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Does that make me Jerry, or does that make me the bald bouncer guy? Based on my current haircut, I am guessing that I am the bouncer trying to keep people from killing each other....

You are DEFINATLY Jerry, singlesix is the bouncer <for obvious, and recent, reasons> and the guy who wants to be unsupervised and the RO in question are the two guys who are fighting over their lesbian transgendered boyfriends dog, who used to be a cat.

Top Bottom