• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    There is always a portion of the population that fits standard deviation, and when you have a population of millions or billion of people that number increased significantly, surprised it took this long, or more surprising is that measles haven't resisted the vaccine of the last few decades.

Rambone in 3....2....1....

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's not the science behind the vax or even the vax material itself. It's the additives required to make vaxing worthwhile and cost efficient on a large scale. A point anti-vaxers often refuse to acknowledge. So instead of the argument being "we need safer vaxes" or something similar it becomes "vaxes have bad components that have nothing to do with the immunity-boosting aspect, but we need to get rid of vaxes altogether anyway." They'll also leave out the extremely pertinent detail that there are vaxes that are "pure" and not combined. I know a girl who's family history includes severe reactions to mass produced vaxes. Instead of eschewing them altogether, she opted for the individual vaxes without the additives and an extended vaxing schedule. Granted, it's more expensive, but so is the full blown disease.

We went through a similar thing with whooping cough recently.

And you can thank the illegal immigration problem for contributing to this.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    It's not the science behind the vax or even the vax material itself. It's the additives required to make vaxing worthwhile and cost efficient on a large scale. A point anti-vaxers often refuse to acknowledge. So instead of the argument being "we need safer vaxes" or something similar it becomes "vaxes have bad components that have nothing to do with the immunity-boosting aspect, but we need to get rid of vaxes altogether anyway." They'll also leave out the extremely pertinent detail that there are vaxes that are "pure" and not combined. I know a girl who's family history includes severe reactions to mass produced vaxes. Instead of eschewing them altogether, she opted for the individual vaxes without the additives and an extended vaxing schedule. Granted, it's more expensive, but so is the full blown disease.

We went through a similar thing with whooping cough recently.

And you can thank the illegal immigration problem for contributing to this.

Maybe it's just me but between al the vaxes I'm lost in this post lol.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If you have had your vaccine you have nothing to worry about, correct?
    Not quite true. The vaccine lessens your chance of contracting it or having a really bad case. None of them are 100% effective. My SIL was vaccinated and still caught measles. Twice. They just weren't bad cases. Still makes sense to get vaccinated, tho. Some diseases just aren't worth fooling around with.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    vaccination-man.jpg

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    If you have had your vaccine you have nothing to worry about, correct?

Kinda, a vaccine is simply the introduction of the dead or rendered dormant virus into the human system in hopes that the body will learn how to contain, negate, and destroy it. That means that someone could get Rubeola (measles technical name) from the injection. Due to the rarity of cases in recent years, there have been people who have neglected to get themselves or their children inoculated.

Unless it's a mutated strain. I think...

If it has mutated, the majority of the vaccinations will be rendered useless and it will come down to the body or the scientists to fight it off.

However, I am sure that these recent cases are being observed, if not investigated as a precaution to the potential outbreak that could occur. That being said, I am sure there are lab rats who are breaking down this virus and investigating whether or not the strain is the previous generation or a mutated one and are developing an action plan to battle it pending their results.

Then they will market it, for an outrageous amount of money because it will be the new and improved vaccine and many many people will want it for themselves and their children.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So, before there were vaccines, everyone got the measles, polio, and the whoopin cough?

Thanks to those that answered my question, I was just trolling the conversation along.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Plus, they reduce the incidence and therefore your chance of exposure, which is a virtuous circle. My mom tells stories of peoples' houses having quarantine signs on them, when the kids would have measles or whatever. The grocery delivery would be put on the porch, and they'd come out for it after the guy left.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    This article provided no proof that this increase is because of people not vaccinating.

This article provided no proof that vaccinations do not increase odds of autism spectrum disorders.

This article provided a bunch of opinions and speculation.

"Hey, guys. We don't have the slightest idea why your kid is autistic. But we know for SURE that it isn't from the vaccinations that we told you to give him."

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    As 88GT, vaccination in principle is a great idea. The first vaccine was done by scraping puss off of small pox sores with a knife and then cutting the arm of a healthy person.

In Washtington's Continental army this reduced the cases of lethal infection dramatically.

I say we go back to cutting.

Top Bottom