• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You want to blame pharma companies for using correlation vs causation, but you do it yourself, trying to blame autism on vaccines. Yeah, most of the kids that show up with autism have been vaccinated, but guess what? Most of the kids that don't have autism were also vaccinated. There's something going on. Yeah, we need to try to figure it out, but don't jump on the first thing some crackpot makes plausible noises about.

Now, my dad was kind of a big deal down at Lilly, so I feel I should disclose that, but I do have an appreciation of pharma's side of the debate. Yes, there have been mistakes from time to time, but that doesn't mean every damn thing they say is a lie designed to squeeze a little more profit. The stakes are too high for them to try that, and it's hard enough for them to make a profit as it is. And yes, profit is important. Profit is good. These corporations are where the magic comes from, and they need a profit to finance that magic. And yes, there's their magic, and magic that's not theirs, and yes, they're in competition. What do you expect? Don't even get me started on patents.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I do agree - the original article made some poorly founded claims, and at least one that has evidence AGAINST it.

Analogy:
    Odds of getting struck by lightning in a given year = approx. 1 in 1,000,000
    Odds of getting stuck by lightning in Indiana are 6 times LESS likely than in Florida (Lightning Fatalities, Injuries, and Damage Reports in the United States - National Lightning Safety Institute)
    Anybody selling lightning vaccines on here? It could storm you know :dunno:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Most people gather information from different sources, review that information, give it weight based upon the credentials of the people providing the information. I know that seems to be a novel concept for the tinfoil hat crowd.

Just putting that out there for you.

I've done all of that. I also gave the information weight based upon the motivations and agendas of the people providing it. The medical establishment has a lot of money invested in vaccines and all the lobbying and government propaganda associated with it. They're not going to spend the time or the money doing proper research on the harmful effects. It's just not going to happen.

Will a vaccine damage my kids' bodies? It's possible. Some evidence seems to say it could. There have certainly been cases where people have seizures and other issues IMMEDIATELY after a vaccination. Filling an infant up with heavy metals and preservatives can't be healthy or natural, common sense tells me.

Will my kids die of measles if I don't vaccinate them? Highly highly HIGHLY unlikely.

When I weigh these two risks, it makes me lean towards a healthy, natural diet and lifestyle to boost their immune systems and leave the heavy metals out of the equation.

I watched my daughter go from a talking, giggling, little ball of orneriness to a sunken eyed, introspective, anti social lump within days of her vaccines at 19 months. I really don't give two shakes what NIH, CDC or any of the other alphabet agencies want to proclaim. It will be a cold day before either of my kids get another vaccination.

Just putting that out there for me.

Dang man. I'm really sorry to hear that.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    tinfoil hats abound.

funny how Dr Wakefield (who is primarily responsible for all this nonsense) was paid $800k by a law firm suing pharma companies over vaccines. And then it turns out that not only did he mess with the stats, but he blatantly changed patients' outcomes to suit his end (ie his wallet) when transcribing charts.

Autism is scary. Also keep in mind that autism is more prevalent today because the medical community changed the definition of what autism is. Maybe Obama should change the definition of what a job is to make unemployment go down.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    tinfoil hats abound.

funny how Dr Wakefield (who is primarily responsible for all this nonsense) was paid $800k by a law firm suing pharma companies over vaccines. And then it turns out that not only did he mess with the stats, but he blatantly changed patients' outcomes to suit his end (ie his wallet) when transcribing charts.

Autism is scary. Also keep in mind that autism is more prevalent today because the medical community changed the definition of what autism is. Maybe Obama should change the definition of what a job is to make unemployment go down.
    You wish Wakefield was responsible for "this nonsense" so you could discredit the movement more easily. You wish you could slap a tin hat on all these medical blasphemers and call it a day. People are changing their minds because of the its becoming more and more likely that they know someone who has been harmed by vaccines. I started this after my sister had a seizure after getting the Gardakill vaccine. I know several other victims personally, outside of the dozens I've met through anti-vaccine networks. Today's kids are pumped up with several times the vaccines that their parents did. No wonder the movement is growing.

So am I to believe that the same shots that cause seizures has NO chance of causing any other neurological problems? I'll see your tinfoil hat and raise you raise you some earplugs & a sleep eye mask. Go back to sleep.

I watched my daughter go from a talking, giggling, little ball of orneriness to a sunken eyed, introspective, anti social lump within days of her vaccines at 19 months. I really don't give two shakes what NIH, CDC or any of the other alphabet agencies want to proclaim. It will be a cold day before either of my kids get another vaccination.

Just putting that out there for me.
    The only thing that makes me madder than hearing these stories is to hear how callously the victims are treated afterward. After my sister's seizure, our former doctor blamed it on her breakfast and tried to schedule her for 2 more booster shots of Gardakill.

At least now your daughter will have a marginally lower probability of getting a disease that has an almost everyone survives. :xmad::xmad::xmad:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    You want to blame pharma companies for using correlation vs causation, but you do it yourself, trying to blame autism on vaccines. Yeah, most of the kids that show up with autism have been vaccinated, but guess what? Most of the kids that don't have autism were also vaccinated. There's something going on. Yeah, we need to try to figure it out, but don't jump on the first thing some crackpot makes plausible noises about.

Now, my dad was kind of a big deal down at Lilly, so I feel I should disclose that, but I do have an appreciation of pharma's side of the debate. Yes, there have been mistakes from time to time, but that doesn't mean every damn thing they say is a lie designed to squeeze a little more profit. The stakes are too high for them to try that, and it's hard enough for them to make a profit as it is. And yes, profit is important. Profit is good. These corporations are where the magic comes from, and they need a profit to finance that magic. And yes, there's their magic, and magic that's not theirs, and yes, they're in competition. What do you expect? Don't even get me started on patents.

tinfoil hats abound.

You guys can believe whatever you want. That's your right. As it is mine to believe what I believe. Perhaps before jumping on someone with my belief, you might do some research and educate yourself beyond Wakefield. Learn about predisposition to the condition, genetics and environmental factors. Let me get you started.

Science | Autism Speaks

Relevant Research : Autism Research Institute

I SINCERELY hope your children and grandchildren are safe and healthy.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    tinfoil hats abound.

Is it really "tinfoil hat" material to question the motivations of the government and pharmaceutical companies (redundant)? To think that maybe, just maybe, they have more than our health as their primary motivation?

Is it worth the risk to save your child from an almost zero chance of dying from the measles?

I know it's a lot easier to just go along with whatever the CDC says. Then if something bad happens you can justify it and you'll have someone else to blame it on. It takes a lot more guts to decide for yourself what's right for your own family and stand up for it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You guys can believe whatever you want. That's your right. As it is mine to believe what I believe. Perhaps before jumping on someone with my belief, you might do some research and educate yourself beyond Wakefield.

Why am I reminded of the quote from the late Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan?
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

Top Bottom