• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which store between the two do you prefer?

• Total voters

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Meijer in Camby, by a long shot. As soon as I read the news story about Walmart taking out life insurance policies on their sickliest employees to cash in on their death I swore them off for good.
    I will NEVER set foot in a Walmart again.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Walmart hands down. Prices blow meijer out of water items across the board. Plus ammo selection/availability (during normal non panic times) is much better.

Newby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    In a cornfield
    I refuse to go to Walmart because of what they have done. However Meijer has way better fresh veggies anyway. So Meijer any day if the week.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    I buy a lot of the same grocery items weekly, and don't see much of a price difference between Walmart and Meijer. The deli, produce and meat selection at Meijer wins hands down....I will not buy meat from Walmart, period. The difference between the stores is really how they price things IMO. You may have to substitute brands at Meijer for a sale price, where as Walmart is the same price all the time. For ammo alone....it's Wally world

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Meijer & WalMart compete for 2 different target markets. Yes, there is some overlap. However, the demographics of the guy walking through the door at Meijer is, on average, quite different from the guy entering WalMart. Asking "which do you prefer?" is a bit nonsensical. It would be like asking "do you buy a Buick or a Kia?" It all depends on social status, disposable income, etc. Many Meijer shoppers wouldn't be caught dead in a WalMart. Many WalMart shoppers would consider the prices at Meijer excessive, despite the better quality. I honestly can't enter a WalMart at any time of day other than about 9-11 am. It's the only time that I can go there that I don't feel as though I must rush home to shower.

Limiting the conversation to ammo, I wouldn't buy it at either store. There are online sources that are much better.

Where do you get WWB for less than 24.99/100 online after you add shipping? Please share! I shop at Walmart because the price is good, the product is good, and it is less than a mile from home. Meijer is six miles and has not had ammo in months. Always sold out.

The smelly customers with 30 items in 20 aisle are at the Coldwater store, not Lima Road locations in the Fort, but I can still get good ammo there.

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    I usually shop for my groceries at Kroger (always on sale and with coupons) then I use the fuel discount on my 40 gal. diesel. I also get bonus boxtops for our homeschool group. For the stuff I need that Kroger doesn't carry or is overpriced on, I usually shop at Walmart because the Meijer is to far away. We also buy a lot at Sams Club when we head up to Indy. I will shop at the store that has the best price. I just sanitize the cart and avoid the isles with the crazy people (although I have to say smell can linger quite awhile).:puke::puke:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I shop at both. Walmart has everyday lower prices on many staples that save me money, but Meijer carries many products I use that Walmart doesn't. So, when doing the weekly shopping we tend to go to Walmart then jump across the road to Meijer to get the last of our stuff. Meijer has a better produce section and we use it.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Meijer & WalMart compete for 2 different target markets. Yes, there is some overlap. However, the demographics of the guy walking through the door at Meijer is, on average, quite different from the guy entering WalMart. Asking "which do you prefer?" is a bit nonsensical. It would be like asking "do you buy a Buick or a Kia?" It all depends on social status, disposable income, etc. Many Meijer shoppers wouldn't be caught dead in a WalMart. Many WalMart shoppers would consider the prices at Meijer excessive, despite the better quality. I honestly can't enter a WalMart at any time of day other than about 9-11 am. It's the only time that I can go there that I don't feel as though I must rush home to shower.

Limiting the conversation to ammo, I wouldn't buy it at either store. There are online sources that are much better.

WTF? All I can say. You think you are any better than the next person because you shop at Meijer? BTW I walk though both doors regularly. Do my DEMOGRAPHICS change when I do?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Meijer. They have Sandy the horse my kids love to ride (and it's only 1¢) Walmart has lousy customer service late at night only 1 register open really sucks. Meijer has all those do it yourself checkouts that DON'T close. Plus their bread is so soft.

FYI: there is nothing on sale Sunday between 12:00am and 6am at Meijer. Last weeks ad ends at midnight and the new one doesn't start until 6 am.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Sometimes when I read things like this, I tend to believe the person is more upwardly mobile in their mind than they really are.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I grew up without any grocery stores in my neighborhood. So, when my mother made the drive for groceries, she chose to shop at one store for meat; another one for produce and another for canned goods. This drove my father crazy, but she would not stop. :laugh:

I talked to my wife about this and she likes the prices at Walmart, but will be getting our produce at Meijer.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I grew up without any grocery stores in my neighborhood. So, when my mother made the drive for groceries, she chose to shop at one store for meat; another one for produce and another for canned goods. This drove my father crazy, but she would not stop. :laugh:

I talked to my wife about this and she likes the prices at Walmart, but will be getting our produce at Meijer.
    I'm with your mom. That's pretty much what we do. I used to shop Marsh for meat, but since they got bought out I've stopped shopping there, due to the dropping quality of their meat. It's pretty much a Walmart and Meijer shopping experience these days. Between the two of them I manage to get what I want.

Top Bottom