• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, to each their own, of course. If I were in that category and wanting to spend $25 million + on an estate, it sure wouldn't be anywhere in Indiana, LOL...

dude, he was worth $1.3 billion in 2009 estimated. That would mean this property now is worth 1.9% of his net worth. It's all about ratios. I suspect your home costs a LOT more than 1.9% of your net worth. I know mine does. Home is where you spend the most time. Make it your castle. Sure, have vacation homes and what not, but make home awesome.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    With that much land to work with I could have a pretty sweet stable and arena. Too much hassle though. I've never understood the need for a house that ridiculously huge.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Cool place.

One of my best friends used to work for Mrs. Simon as armed estate security / executive protection / driver. Asherwood was his "office".

Another acquaintance of mine (a good friend of my buddy mentioned above) also worked there doing the same thing.

I honestly don't see this place selling for anywhere near the asking price. Not in Carmel, Indiana, anyhow.

He told me the place has been for sale for three years now. May not have been listed until recently, however.

And places like this are indeed money pits.

If I had the jack, I'd like this place: 7258 N State Road 39 Lizton IN 46149 | MLS 21278042

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Also, can some of you explain to me why wealthy people have 7 bedrooms and 24 bathrooms? What am I missing.......is it for entertaining?

Often times lots of house-guests. Can't expect the hoity-toity to SHARE a bathroom with the other guests, can you? Or the kids? Perish the thought of your children sharing a bathroom with the mere guests.

Access during parties and what-not is a big deal, too. Gotta be a few stand-alone bathrooms (At least half-baths) for all the party-goers. Note - parties at places like this are 100+ people. Plus liberally flowing alcohol.

We all have a generally hard time understanding such things simply because the lifestyle is so foreign to us.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And I've heard rich people do a lot of coke....so you need bathrooms and plenty of hand mirrors for that. I mean, not these rich people, specifically, but, you know, rich people in general.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    And I've heard rich people do a lot of coke....so you need bathrooms and plenty of hand mirrors for that. I mean, not these rich people, specifically, but, you know, rich people in general.

theyre the only ones who can afford it!

and for the record, neither of my buddies has ever said or even vaguely hinted at ANYTHING even remotely unsavory having had gone on there while they were present - including behavior of long-term live-in guests.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Cool place.

One of my best friends used to work for Mrs. Simon as armed estate security / executive protection / driver. Asherwood was his "office".

Another acquaintance of mine (a good friend of my buddy mentioned above) also worked there doing the same thing.

I honestly don't see this place selling for anywhere near the asking price. Not in Carmel, Indiana, anyhow.

He told me the place has been for sale for three years now. May not have been listed until recently, however.

If I had the jack, I'd like this place: 7258 N State Road 39 Lizton IN 46149 | MLS 21278042

This is a guys home I know of, Laskowski. His dad owned Woodmizer and the son was CEO and built this home from trees on the land. He made most of the wood in that home, it started as a small cottage/cabin. He would let people come out and play basketball......he just bought a building downtown, 14 West building and I hear he is moving into a condo on the top 2 floors. What an awesome home he built.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    dude, he was worth $1.3 billion in 2009 estimated. That would mean this property now is worth 1.9% of his net worth. It's all about ratios. I suspect your home costs a LOT more than 1.9% of your net worth. I know mine does. Home is where you spend the most time. Make it your castle. Sure, have vacation homes and what not, but make home awesome.
    Mel was worth over 2.5B when he died in 2009, and I would say a generous guess was that was about half of what they knew about. Herb was worth about that in 2009.

That's actually a bargain. I was a PM on Hilbert's (now Lucas') estate and it was around 23 mil and only half the size.
    Lucas paid $3M for it after a couple years on the market, it couldn't sell at $28M, $23M, $14M, or $10
    Cool place.

I'm quite sure I know them ;)

I know the budget for upkeep on the golf course alone was roughly $3M/yr. I also know that the $25M asking price is about half of what was put into the house. No mention of the guest house 12K sqft or the golf chalet. Nor that the master suite is about 4K sqft and the basement can seat 300 people in a banquet type setup. Odd there's no pictures of the movie theater either. Melvin was on the Producers Guild and produced such classics as Porky's, Zoro the Gay Blade, Love at First Bite and some others.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah I didn't realize he was a movie producer or that "Porky's" was his until pretty recently. Yeah, one of the classics. Still glad I didn't mess with his daughter.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I keep telling her that the kid's bedrooms and bathrooms will be far enough away that we never have to look at them, but that does not seem to make her feel better.

There are few family problems that can't be fixed by square footage.;)

Top Bottom