• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hahaha, I'm on the beach of negril, Jamaica and two locals are upset that I support trump, especially "after Melania's speech was stolen from Michelle Obama"

:rofl::rofl:

As if it even compares with email scandal, etc.... If Hillary and the dem's can stick with slick Willy and his willy antics after the Monica thing I think I could give Mr's Trump a free pass.
    :rofl::rofl:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That would be George Bush

Oddly enough I was pretty sure the point under discussion was whether Trump would cause a lessening of Putin's fear of any consequences of his actions or whether in fact he already felt no such fear. Not sure how who was president at the time he thumbed his nose at US/NATO in Georgia affects one's judgement about whether that fear(or lack thereof) already exists

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oddly enough I was pretty sure the point under discussion was whether Trump would cause a lessening of Putin's fear of any consequences of his actions or whether in fact he already felt no such fear. Not sure how who was president at the time he thumbed his nose at US/NATO in Georgia affects one's judgement about whether that fear(or lack thereof) already exists

Oddly enough, if you post false things, I'm going to correct them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah. Crush Georgia, partition the Ukraine, bomb US supported rebel groups opposed to Assad (and everybody else) and poison or kill various dissidents and pesky reporters just to name a few. Kinda hard to find the fear of the NATO and US (aren't they the same thing militarily) reaction in there

Oddly enough, if you post false things, I'm going to correct them.

Post quoted in it's entirety. Please point out the false part

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Still waiting

Going to bed now, but I'll check tomorrow to see if I've received my comeuppance lolz

If reference to this post:

I'm pretty sure Russia has done whatever they want the last 8 yrs. or so with little impunity or fear of what we might do, after all they have known exactly what our response would be thanks to our experienced in foreign policy Democrat Nominee .
    No thanks, of the options on the table I'll take Trumps inexperience over Hilary's experience any day.

Your quote followed this one. So just so I'm clear, you are lumping George Bush into that time period as also allowing Putin to do whatever he's wanted unchecked? And not simply using the well referenced "8 years," as a reference to Obama's term, despite the quote you followed indicating a "democrat?"
    ...but since you're probably going to play that game, and since "crush" is very subjective, then no, you are not correct. Care to clarify crush? And give me anotther example of what you're talking about?

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The Soviet incursion into Georgia through South Ossetia headed by two tank battalions, began on 10 August 2008 (doing the math, let me see now .... THAT WAS ALMOST EXACTLY EIGHT YEARS AGO!)

crush
    krəSH/Submit
    verb
    1. deform, pulverize, or force inwards by compressing forcefully.
    2. (of a government or state) violently subdue (opposition or a rebellion).

I think we'll go with number two. Within two days of 10 Aug the Russians achieve their objective in that negotiations, headed by Sarkozy, are underway and the Georgians are no longer a threat. The Georgians signed an a 'peace agreement' giving the Russians everything they wanted (the 'independence' of Abkhazia and South Ossetia) three days later

After the agreement is signed, the Russians destroy or capture Georgian military equipment before leaving, defanging the 'tiger'

I had spoken to Russia's long-standing lack of concern over US/NATO responses and had not intended to assign blame but, let's see -

"The 2008 war was the first time since the fall of the Soviet Union[1991] that the Russian military had been used against an independent state, demonstrating Russia's willingness to wage a full-scale military campaign to attain its political objectives. The failure of the Western security system to respond swiftly to Russia's attempt to forcibly revise the borders of an OSCE member country revealed its weaknesses. The division between Western European and Eastern European nations also became apparent over the relations with Russia. Ukraine and other post-Soviet states received a clear message from the Russian leadership that the possible accession to NATO would cause a foreign invasion and the break-up of the country. Effective annexation of Abkhazia was also one of Russia's geopolitical goals. The construction of the EU-sponsored Nabucco pipeline (connecting Central Asian reserves to Europe) in Transcaucasia was averted."

International reactions

"United States – US president George W. Bush said, "Russia has invaded a sovereign neighbouring state and threatens a democratic government elected by its people. Such an action is unacceptable in the 21st century." Bush later again criticised Russia, saying "Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century." Although the Bush administration considered a military response to defend Georgia, it decided against it so as to not provoke a conflict with Russia. Instead, the US sent humanitarian aid to Georgia on military aircraft. The Bush administration also imposed sanctions on Russia, which were revoked by the Obama administration in May 2010."

So Bush gave them a stern lecture followed by sanctions, which Obama lifted less than 2 years later. I would blame both Bush and Obama for signaling weakness

So lets tally up:

Crush Georgia? Yep
    Partition the Ukraine? Yep
    Bomb US supported Syrian rebel groups? Yep
    Poison and kill dissidents and unfriendly reporters? Yep
    Difficult to make a case that Russia has any fear of US/NATO reactions? Yep

Still looking for those factual inaccuracies to be pointed out

"Another example of what I am talking about" was already on offer, the annexation of the Crimea (2014) and the de facto (so far) partition of Ukraine. Will you seize that opportunity to blame whatever US leader was in power? Prolly not

So in closing, let's see. You have a problem not with what I posted, but with the contents of the post mine happened to fall after (which you deigned not to quote) using that as a springboard to jump to unwarranted assumptions about what I meant. Yep

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Maybe pick up the thread back around #133 and #134

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "United States – US president George W. Bush said, "Russia has invaded a sovereign neighbouring state and threatens a democratic government elected by its people. Such an action is unacceptable in the 21st century." Bush later again criticised Russia, saying "Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century." Although the Bush administration considered a military response to defend Georgia, it decided against it so as to not provoke a conflict with Russia. Instead, the US sent humanitarian aid to Georgia on military aircraft. The Bush administration also imposed sanctions on Russia, which were revoked by the Obama administration in May 2010."

So Bush gave them a stern lecture followed by sanctions, which Obama lifted less than 2 years later. I would blame both Bush and Obama for signaling weakness

Ahhhh! So you did mean George Bush. Since you made clear who you're about (while still erroneously trying to place partial blame elsewhere, I withdraw my crush question.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hahaha, I'm on the beach of negril, Jamaica and two locals are upset that I support trump, especially "after Melania's speech was stolen from Michelle Obama"

Oh yeah...Well you can tell them that Bob Marley copied "Buffalo Soldier" from the Banana Splits!!!! (With thanks and a nod to Houghmade...)

[video=youtube;dtluQkuT25s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtluQkuT25s[/video]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ahhhh! So you did mean George Bush. Since you made clear who you're about (while still erroneously trying to place partial blame elsewhere, I withdraw my crush question.

Sigh. That covers the first of my four examples, egregiously

"You can believe what you want to believe" - Tom Petty

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Oh well, The Dems are going to have their convention soon. Anyone want to count how many instances of plagiarism will occur? I'm guessing the media will not find any. In fact I'm guessing each speech will be considered to be on the order of MLK's "I Have a Dream" and will be gushed over ad naseum.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I saw a recent posting by Melania Trump about the whole incident.

She was understandably upset at all the press. She said that the worst part of the whole experience was being publicly embarrassed by the press and political rivals in front of her two young daughters: Sasha and Malia.

Top Bottom