Members of the military- Not that bright.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You have no idea how much self-control I am exercising by not relating my personal college experiences with people with an education major...but this isn't about that.

Language warning....and if he used this language in a school where my kids went, I'd make his life miserable just for that, let alone his ignorant prejudice.

This is the "teacher" you've been hearing about on the new- the thing.
    [video=youtube;lb-2EGFzN44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-2EGFzN44[/video]

All I know is this- I'll put my untalented, unintellectual, non-high-level thinking self up against him in any academic competition he chooses.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    What a freakin' idiot. I mean, he's trying to be a freakin' stand-up comedian instead of a teacher. I hope he freakin' regrets his little freakin' rant. He sounds incredibly freakin' intelligent and well-educated.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Those who can, DO, those who can’t, teach! That’s about a broad of a stroke as this snowflake ***** just painted. As to why we can’t beat a bunch of guys in robes, politicians and the media are fighting this war, not Warfighters. Let loose the dogs, and it would be over soon, with a resounding victory.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    He obviously has never been inside an IPS high school.

:joke:

Anyhoo, at this point....I'm curious what will happen to his career:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I think this goes on quite regularly. When I was in recruiting I got a lot of dirty looks from teachers. I got a lot more support, to be fair. But there was always that one teacher who you just knew was going back to the classroom and basically saying stuff like this guy.

Anybody else notice how ignorant and insensitive this guy was toward other cultures? Things like "Guys wearing robes", and "short people throwing rice". I'll be excited to hear him lecture me as a conservative for being racist.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Anybody else notice how ignorant and insensitive this guy was toward other cultures? Things like "Guys wearing robes", and "short people throwing rice". I'll be excited to hear him lecture me as a conservative for being racist.

Yep, he was pretty bigoted against other cultures too.....and i sense that if he loses his job, THAT will be something they point to.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    He lost his job I heard

Well, that's the way it goes. If he got fired that quickly, that would possibly be a world record for a what I assume is a member of the teacher's union.

I hear he's also a city councilman. I wonder if his constituency agrees or disagrees.

Seems like a winner:

This isn’t Mr. Salcido’s first controversy at El Rancho High. In 2012, he was placed on administrative leave after admitting to slapping a student, the Los Angeles Daily News reported at the time. In 2010, he was reportedly suspended after a parent complained that he threatened his daughter and made inappropriate comments to his summer school class about race. In both instances, Mr. Salcido claimed that the allegations were “exaggerated.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/29/gregory-salcido-calif-teacher-investigated-class-r/

Oh...and a history teacher...who glosses over the War on Terror and the Vietnam War with all the incisive analysis of someone who thinks HuffPo is a scholarly journal.

Last edited:

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I think it is a testament to the power of the teachers' unions in California that he hasn't already been fired, if those reports about his previous discipline are accurate.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think this guy may know more about the military than we think.

It seems like he was channeling his inner Patton here:

In May of 2012, Salcido was placed on administrative leave after the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department received a complaint that he had struck a student. Salcido admitted he had struck the student because the student had been disruptive by sleeping in class. The child, named David, also alleged that Salcido bullied and teased him by making fun of his weight and appearance calling him "Chaz Bono".

Top Bottom