• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Doug, sounds good. Nice talking to you the other day.

Doug was concerned because he did not have a training knife. I bring several Spyderco Endura trainers not to mention there are always lots of gear from other attendees for you to test drive. I know this sounds crazy, but when possible you should test drive gear before purchasing so as not to force yourself to use something that is not working for you because you bought it. This is a huge issue in this community. People ask for a recommendation on X and people who paid top dollar for their X or are just in love with their Brand X recommenced it. They order it and without money to burn are stuck with it even if it is not the best option for them. The Task drives tools, not the other way around.- George

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I might have had things open up enough to swing this, hope I can and see you guys again, and I guess having the big deal there too would be nice :D

Those of you that are interested but on the fence, this class is a crash course in all around self defense, the best bang for your buck out there. Some people scoff at the use of airsoft, but trust me, one drill will open your eyes more than what you'd do over months at the range. You maybe hesitant to go hands on or say "I have a gun so I don't have to worry about that" but George will make it very approachable for a novice and show you why you need to not just have a gun in the tool box.

I see all the time guys like big name gunbloggers that have an epiphany about how real life defensive gun/knife/etc. would really work, and I usually just say to myself "yep, learned that years ago with George."

As I said he makes it approachable but also fun for all. If I could get my wife to take it I sure she would learn a lot, I plan when my kids get old enough to have them take it.

Also if equipment is an issue, I can also kick in an airsoft Glock or 2 and some training knives even if I can't make it.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Of course Granger will be there, he is my handler while in Indy.

He's my handler when you're not in town!

That's good because he's such a bad ass in his Son of Anarchy hoodie he scares certain LEOs :D

There's nothing more intimidating than being in the presence of a [STRIKE]member[/STRIKE] someone wearing a sweatshirt with the logo of a fictional motorcyle gang!

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    We are there but could use more. At this point my wife is accusing me of just using the class as a reason to visit Granger and scare people.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We are there but could use more. At this point my wife is accusing me of just using the class as a reason to visit Granger and scare people.

In her defense, she's probably right!

Let's face it: scaring people is fun and visiting G is super fun!

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    That was you the wife was talking about. Super pumped, lots of new meat...I mean faces, an some MCS Indy plank owners- George

Top Bottom