• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A message to my fellow officers:

STFU and do your job to the best of your ability. Stop grandstanding on social media. I know it's a really unpopular opinion with officers under a certain age, but you can actually do this job and do it well without blasting what a great cop you are to the world. Nobody cares. Even the guys in this thread who are in love with you today will forget you exist in a couple of weeks. And you're unemployed now so you can't make any change from the inside.

If you give a homeless guy a pizza, but nobody livestreams it, did it really happen?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

STFU and do your job to the best of your ability. Stop grandstanding on social media. I know it's a really unpopular opinion with officers under a certain age, but you can actually do this job and do it well without blasting what a great cop you are to the world. Nobody cares. Even the guys in this thread who are in love with you today will forget you exist in a couple of weeks. And you're unemployed now so you can't make any change from the inside.

If you give a homeless guy a pizza, but nobody livestreams it, did it really happen?

This.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013

At least he has the balls to back it up what he believed, for now.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Maybe that's the problem and why on some departments a pattern of rights violations and bad cops seems so prevalent?
    I don't know. But a dont see some good cops standing up and "leading the way" and showing good examples and leadership to younger officers who need it as a bad thing. If we were back in the military I'd agree with you. I've said the same for soldiers because its not a democracy. STFU and do your damn job and follow the orders of the officers over you.
    Law enforcement isn't the military though no matter how bad some want it to be. And it's not supposed to be.
    It takes real courage to say what he did and post it. I know officers on ingo who have taken the same kind of stand over the years on here and spoke up about what they believe and what's right or wrong and I have applauded them just the same. True courage.
    Yes I know there are plenty of officers who live it daily and dont speak up. I thanks them too, but sometimes things need said. And what he said was right not wrong. And the actions of his department speaks volumes and shows the known issues within that city.
    This man lives the creed. A job is a job. Honor and integrity are eternal.

I respect your view too BBI. I'm not bashing you for what you said.
    I'm saying he had the right to do what he did and he knew the possible consequences before he hit post and was good with it. But to live with himself and to be right inside he had to do what he did. I respect people willing to stand for what they believe in.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    The whole message is for the men and women in Uniform.

Look at the police Inaction during the BLM and Antifa protests and their actions during the Covid19 lockdown.

There is a disconnect between the LEO and the people.

Is he not taking down the video a violation serious enough for termination by the Police Chief?

Does the Chief work for the major/governor, or the people whom elected him?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Forget who?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Maybe that's the problem and why on some departments a pattern of rights violations and bad cops seems so prevalent?
    I don't know. But a dont see some good cops standing up and "leading the way" and showing good examples and leadership to younger officers who need it as a bad thing. If we were back in the military I'd agree with you. I've said the same for soldiers because its not a democracy. STFU and do your damn job and follow the orders of the officers over you.
    Law enforcement isn't the military though no matter how bad some want it to be. And it's not supposed to be.
    It takes real courage to say what he did and post it. I know officers on ingo who have taken the same kind of stand over the years on here and spoke up about what they believe and what's right or wrong and I have applauded them just the same. True courage.
    Yes I know there are plenty of officers who live it daily and dont speak up. I thanks them too, but sometimes things need said. And what he said was right not wrong. And the actions of his department speaks volumes and shows the known issues within that city.
    This man lives the creed. A job is a job. Honor and integrity are eternal.

I respect your view too BBI. I'm not bashing you for what you said.
    I'm saying he had the right to do what he did and he knew the possible consequences before he hit post and was good with it. But to live with himself and to be right inside he had to do what he did. I respect people willing to stand for what they believe in.

I wonder what would happen if that officer makes a video in uniform on duty but change the message to support LGBTQ.

If the action taken by the agency is different, then we all know what the problem is.

To Protect and Serve.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

u0RSY6m.gif

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Over 300k wow!

I gotta get in on this action!

I love the country and freedom and stuff can one of you do me a solid and start a go beg me account and tell the world!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Be sure to record yourself donating for use on instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
    I don't donate to help people or causes for show. If I give money to someone I prefer that they don't even know where it has came from. I don't live my life looking for glory or paybacks from people. I do things because I feel called to do it or they are just the right things to do. People who truly know me and I consider friends know that about me.
    I LOVE giving to people. Not just those in need but also to friends and even strangers. But I do it on my own terms and not for show.

For the record, I haven't given this go fund me any money as of yet.
    Also, this officer nor his wife are the ones that started the "go beg me" as some would call it.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Well I will feel privileged if anyone donated to the church of the enlightened eleven lions!

Remember the words of the prophet are written on the stoney wall!

So I could start a account for someone else’s situation and raise money?

I am all in on this I know you guy’s will give $$ for printcrafts face transplant!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't know. But a dont see some good cops standing up and "leading the way" and showing good examples and leadership to younger officers who need it as a bad thing.

Aren't you my age or older? Don't you recall when you could do that sort of thing without counting how many "likes" you get and broadcasting it around the world?

I'm not in the least confusing 'standing up and doing the right thing' with 'social media grandstanding'. Standing up and doing the right thing is doing your job.

I hope he enjoys his Internet fame and charity dollars. Seriously. I'll just keep doing the job.

Is he not taking down the video a violation serious enough for termination by the Police Chief?

Does the Chief work for the major/governor, or the people whom elected him?

The mayor. When you elect a mayor, he's going to bring in his own CoP pretty much every time. That said, what employer lets you criticize their organization in their uniform, probably on their time, and share it globally? If I was a Wal-mart cashier in a Wal-mart uniform at Wal-mart complaining about Wal-mart policies on social media you think that flies? Nothing different here.

You know he could have done the same "message" without all the cop-stuff and identifying his employer right? Wouldn't look as cool on the 'gram, though, would it? Because leadership or something.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I saw cops going to funerals of their fallen officers in uniforms on tax payers' time, but supporting the people's constitutional rights is frowned upon.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Aren't you my age or older? Don't you recall when you could do that sort of thing without counting how many "likes" you get and broadcasting it around the world?

I'm not in the least confusing 'standing up and doing the right thing' with 'social media grandstanding'. Standing up and doing the right thing is doing your job.

I hope he enjoys his Internet fame and charity dollars. Seriously. I'll just keep doing the job.

The mayor. When you elect a mayor, he's going to bring in his own CoP pretty much every time. That said, what employer lets you criticize their organization in their uniform, probably on their time, and share it globally? If I was a Wal-mart cashier in a Wal-mart uniform at Wal-mart complaining about Wal-mart policies on social media you think that flies? Nothing different here.

You know he could have done the same "message" without all the cop-stuff and identifying his employer right? Wouldn't look as cool on the 'gram, though, would it? Because leadership or something.
    Yeah I agree I don't get that either. I'm not motivated by "likes", "retweets", swipes, Facebook friend numbers, or whatever else people seem to get off on through social media.
    Same with rep on ingo, never been motivated by rep. I say what I'm thinking or want to say and I don't think about who will like it or not.
    At the same time, I think social media is a good platform for some good people to reach the masses.
    I'd much rather see positive or real messages and announcements from legit people than from the biased media who have a bad agenda.

I dont think he did the video to get cool points by being in uniform. Maybe maybe not. I dont see it as any different than cops who like to throw their lights and sirens on and have little parades in front of hospitals. It's their life. It's part of them so why wouldnt they Express themselves in uniform or in their car?
    But I also understand that a lot of employers forbid their employees from expressive personal views or making videos while in uniform. You can be fired for it without permission first.
    However, hes a cop and hes talking about enforcing and protecting the law. So what is there to be butthurt about by his employer?
    They should be celebrating his actions.
    The real people who had a problem with this video are the libtard politicians. It's quite clear. They got butthurt and started making phone calls and poo rolls downhill.

Last edited:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    So...some of you would continue to "do the job" even if you knew it was wrong and completely contrary to the spirit and letter of the Constitution of these United States?

Top Bottom