• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you want to fly the Mexican flag fly it in Mexico. Also if you live in this country learn English.

yourinamerica.jpg

According to your logic you can't fly a US flag outside of America either, right?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Why should I care what language people speak? If they want to communicate with me and 80% or more of people in America, they will have to speak English or "American English" at some point. I'm perfectly willing to let the market sort this out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why should I care what language people speak? If they want to communicate with me and 80% or more of people in America, they will have to speak English or "American English" at some point. I'm perfectly willing to let the market sort this out.

Could be the most sensible thing I've read on INGO all day.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

:+1:

It's silly to tell people that they need to speak English.It's what they already do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's just language. I can care about it pragmatically, like when I can't communicate with the electrician doing my house wiring. But when it's not posing a communication problem for me, why should I care?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What about when the .gov has to print things in a variety of different languages?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why would we need the .gov to print things? :scratch:

you know. road signs. Office building signs. Public land signs. That sort of thing. You didn't think that was ever going away did you?

There's that...

...but assuming they keep doing it, so what? How much does that really cost?

Why would they need to make signs in different languages? We seem to be moving more towards symbols. Requiring people to read is ableist.

Top Bottom