• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Had to replace the alternator on the old Explorer. Had to get the air intake out of the way to get to the alternator. This was in the bottom of the filter air box...

20200730-214215.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    So we HAD two riding mowers. This one was hooked up to the hubby's homemade leaf vac and hadn't been run for a couple of years as we never did leaves last fall. He decided to tune it up and put in a new battery. Mowed a small section of the yard to make sure it was running well and then parked it in the tractor shed. As he walked away, he heard a pop....apparently, there was a mouse nest on top of the muffler. He managed to get it out of the shed before it was fully engulfed but I'm pretty sure this one is done. LOL He doesn't appreciate my laughter, but the whole story is pretty hysterical.

2x33lyu.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yep...he just kept picturing the backhoe and farm tractor in the same condition. It was also a great reminder to get the fire extinguishers recharged regularly as both of the ones in his shop did zero good...pulled the pins and nothing came out of either of them. He then went to the outside spigot to get buckets of water and I was doing laundry so the water pressure was also about zero....thus the entertaining story of him running back and forth for potential items to use to put out the fire.

I was in the house oblivious to what was going on. He came in and announced he burned up the lawn mower and I thought he just meant he blew the engine....nope....literally toast. :laugh:

Top Bottom