• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We have the Fast and Furious scandal, the IRS targeting conservative groups, private servers filled with classified government information in someone's crapper, Democrats sabotaging their own party in an election, but we're worried about some skank queen Trump long donged 12 years ago? Good grief!

Seems like you have an issue with the Trump controlled DoJ. ALL of the instances you mentioned are still within their powers to investigate. So are they dropping the ball, or can they not find anything to pin on somebody?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    What's the deal? Couldn't Mueller have subpoened these documents? It he doing this to bait Trump into firing him, thus extending the collusion farce into the elections?

I find it very tacky that the POTUS own attorney could be treated this way. Mueller and co. need a hard smackdown.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What's the deal? Couldn't Mueller have subpoened these documents? It he doing this to bait Trump into firing him, thus extending the collusion farce into the elections?

I find it very tacky that the POTUS own attorney could be treated this way. Mueller and co. need a hard smackdown.

I must be missing something. Mueller during the course of his investigation find something interesting involving Cohen, and he forwards it to the appropriate agency for investigation. Trump appointees pick up the ball and apply for a warrant. Trump appointee judge grants warrant, and Cohen is raided.
    How is on Mueller?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I must be missing something. Mueller during the course of his investigation find something interesting involving Cohen, and he forwards it to the appropriate agency for investigation. Trump appointees pick up the ball and apply for a warrant. Trump appointee judge grants warrant, and Cohen is raided.
    How is on Mueller?

I missed it- which judge signed off on the warrant?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What's the deal? Couldn't Mueller have subpoened these documents?

Since they also hit his residence and hotel room, the reasonable conclusion is they feared destruction of documents.

Quote: “The search of a law firm means that the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and someone high up in the Department of Justice, agreed that less intrusive methods like cooperation or a subpoena were not enough — and that almost certainly means they concluded that destruction of evidence or non-compliance were serious risks.”

- Former Assistant U.S. Attorney Ken White

More at:
    https://www.popehat.com/2018/04/09/the-search-of-trump-lawyer-michael-cohens-office-what-we-can-infer-immediately/

All this is well above my paygrade, so I'm just passing the info along.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I missed it- which judge signed off on the warrant?

Per White (link in my last post):

3. A Magistrate Judge signed off on this. Federal magistrate judges (appointed by local district judges, not by the President) review search warrant applications. A Magistrate Judge therefore reviewed this application and found probable cause

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Trying something like this with the Clintons would have been like committing suicide..... thoroughly assisted of course.

172hci.jpg

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I must have missed when this happened to the Clintons.

Ken Starr was tasked with finding any wrongdoing surrounding Whitewater, found nothing, and ended up investigating a blow job. Mueller's investigation has already resulted in multiplecharges and guilty pleas for fraud and campaign violations and it's nowhere near done yet. Trump created a swamp and Mueller (a Republican) is draining it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ken Starr was tasked with finding any wrongdoing surrounding Whitewater, found nothing, and ended up investigating a blow job. Mueller's investigation has already resulted in multiplecharges and guilty pleas for fraud and campaign violations and it's nowhere near done yet. Trump created a swamp and Mueller (a Republican) is draining it.

The word Republican is meaningless in today's political reality. Mueller is a Never Trumper who is working for an unholy coalition of the Never Trumpers and the Clintonistas.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Violation of federal election law?

My first thought when I saw this: NO attorney is going to pay for the actions of another out of his own pocket without a quid pro quo.

My second thought: Manafort has money coming in from the Ukraine. Is Cohen receiving money from foreign sources to pay off the hooker lady?

My third thought: Law does not protect the lawyer who commits a crime. Go FBI!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    How does something like this work? When the feds go into a law office with a warrant is it for everything in the office, or is it limited to certain things? I'm curious because if they take everything back with them, how does the business function after that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If the former us attorney is correct about the process, and seems like he would be.

I have no idea how this works, personally.

I was just checking out the claim that was made earlier that a Trump-appointed judge signed off on the warrant. Not having seen the affidavit, I have no idea whether there are things there that would make any judge sign off on it, but I found the claim that a Trumo appointed judge did unsupportable as Trump hasn't appoint that many judges and we have no idea who signed off on it.

Magistrates generally do this (judges can) and magistrates serve 8 year terms and are not appointed by the President.

Top Bottom