• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Last year, the Colts had a preseason all-star named Caesar Rayford.

He was cut.

Signed with Dallas. He's on their practice team.

But BOY he looked good in preseason...against second and third stringers.

Also keep in mind the Rams are loaded at D-line. A GOOD D-line at that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He may be good enough for the CFL...I think the Rough Riders need some defensive help.
    There's still a CFL?

The pressure will be on for someone to pick him up. The League won't want the negative press.

I didn't think the guy was all that talented from what Dungy and others have said. But I also was pleasantly surprised, given all the PC hoopla, that the Rams would have the balls to can him if he didn't pan out. I wonder if there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth from activists.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

He was cut.

If the part highlighted is the case then that begs the question of why Sam was drafted by the Rams in the first place?

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    Sam was the SEC defensive player of the year last year and as I recall you don't win that by being Gay.
    I think the cut was more about how he would fit with the team not because of his football skills but that is just my opinion.

Sainte70

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2014
    OK by me, OK bayou..

He was cut.

And we all know Sam is all about the D........

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Like it or not Jeff Fisher is a professional. Nothing less than a football decision on this one.

This. Not only that, Michael Sam took the cut like a man should and didn't play any cards about it being because of anything else. Not only that, I saw a story in the last week where several players on the team told ESPN and SI to stop asking about it because none of the players cared and it was obvious that ESPN and SI were the only ones that did.

Also, a heck of a lot of folks on here that are afraid of the gay for some reason. You don't have to like them, but they're not going to harm anything. Also a lot of folks that need to go back and reread Matthew 7. Apparently they didn't quite understand what was being said there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This. Not only that, Michael Sam took the cut like a man should and didn't play any cards about it being because of anything else. Not only that, I saw a story in the last week where several players on the team told ESPN and SI to stop asking about it because none of the players cared and it was obvious that ESPN and SI were the only ones that did.

Maybe Sam took the cut like any cut player should, but the timing of his coming out seems dubious. That's just an honest observation. Sam got his shot. He didn't make it. Maybe some other team will pick him up if they think he can contribute to their success. Either way, life goes on beyond the circus.

Also, a heck of a lot of folks on here that are afraid of the gay for some reason. You don't have to like them, but they're not going to harm anything. Also a lot of folks that need to go back and reread Matthew 7. Apparently they didn't quite understand what was being said there.

I think you're saying those people are saying something they're not saying. And I'm not going to claim you're being intellectually dishonest. You may just be parroting the propaganda you hear from people with an agenda, or maybe your imagination can't concoct a scenario other than a sense of fear that could motivate people to reject something you accept.

I'm neither pro-gay nor anti-gay. It's not up to me to condemn or condone what consenting adults do in private. Neither is it up to me to judge the motives of people who do that. But the term "homophobe" is a straw man. Maybe some are prejudiced, some bigots, some just hate people who are different, some simply disagree with or reject the lifestyle because of religious or moral reasons. But none of those reasons logically conclude in a basis of fear. By putting yourself in a place to judge their motives against your own morals, you're in no better footing than those people judging against their own morals, what other consenting adults do in private.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

He was cut.

Rayford wasn't cut by the Colts, he was signed and traded to Dallas.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

He was cut.

Yep, they've got a very solid D-line. Actually, the entire defense is pretty solid. The Rams were carrying like 9 defensive linemen. There are starters on other teams that might have gotten cut if they went to camp with the Rams this year.

I'm thinking many of the folks (not just on here) that are afraid of the gay are thinking that every time they turn around, someone wants to violate them. I've been to gun shows, I've been to Walmart. Nobody anywhere wants to violate you poop-butt idiots. As for the supposedly loving, accepting, and caring religious people that are afraid or hate based on someone else's lifestyle, Ocho Cinco put it best...Child Please. Pretend you're a good person because you go to church (where you should be learning that your god is the one that judges your sins) but you're so quick to hate anything that doesn't affect you in anyway.

Maybe Sam took the cut like any cut player should, but the timing of his coming out seems dubious. That's just an honest observation. Sam got his shot. He didn't make it. Maybe some other team will pick him up if they think he can contribute to their success. Either way, life goes on beyond the circus.

I think you're saying those people are saying something they're not saying. And I'm not going to claim you're being intellectually dishonest. You may just be parroting the propaganda you hear from people with an agenda, or maybe your imagination can't concoct a scenario other than a sense of fear that could motivate people to reject something you accept.

I'm neither pro-gay nor anti-gay. It's not up to me to condemn or condone what consenting adults do in private. Neither is it up to me to judge the motives of people who do that. But the term "homophobe" is a straw man. Maybe some are prejudiced, some bigots, some just hate people who are different, some simply disagree with or reject the lifestyle because of religious or moral reasons. But none of those reasons logically conclude in a basis of fear. By putting yourself in a place to judge their motives against your own morals, you're in no better footing than those people judging against their own morals, what other consenting adults do in private.

It doesn't matter if it is simply hate or if it is fear. If you're pretending to be a good Christian, you're doing yourself a disservice by taking on the job of judging people for their actions/lifestyles. As far as judging, I'm not. I simply laugh at people being hypocrites.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sam was the SEC defensive player of the year last year and as I recall you don't win that by being Gay.
    I think the cut was more about how he would fit with the team not because of his football skills but that is just my opinion.

And what does his draft position say about his skills? Many thought he wouldn't be drafted.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Players lacking skills don't win their conference Defensive Player of the Year award (Sam tied for the award), especially when they play in the SEC.

No one is saying he doesn't have skills. Many are saying he didn't have NFL skills. I honestly couldn't care less. I don't follow the NFL. I am just tired of people receiving special treatment for this or that. The "first this" or that could not interest me any less because I don't view people as members of subgroups. I view them as people.

Last edited:

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    And what does his draft position say about his skills? Many thought he wouldn't be drafted.

Many also had him ranked to go higher in the draft before he came out. Once he did come out many thought no team would draft him because of possible team chemistry issues.
    Still doesn't take away that he has enough skills to be a co-DPOY in a tough conference.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Most teams cut around 22 good football players today. In some cases, it's not so much about how good the individual is as much as how does he fit with the overall roster. For example, the Colts had to decide if they needed to keep 6 wide receivers or cut one to make room for another player at another position. It's different for every team. If Sam fits another team's scheme, they'll pick him up. If he stays on the practice squad, he'll have to struggle by on $6300 a week!

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They need the best players in those particular positions to make the team effective as a whole.

Looks like he took one for the team.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    What a guy may do in college is little more than an indicator of his NFL potential. You have to remember, his good preseason was likely played against guys who also got cut.

Top Bottom