• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Just checked my Midway back orders, same price but they did move back the ETA on some Hornady 55 gr bullets from January to February. I've had it happen before when demand was high but I have always gotten my back orders at the advertised price eventually.

I bet they didn't get the amount in that they expected when the back order was allowed nor when that contract is filled do they know what the future contract price will be so they're not allowing back orders now.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Many items on my "wishlist" went up in price on Jan 1, a few more on Jan 2.

Also, 3/4 of my cart is now "Out of Stock, No Backorder". I asked Midway via email what was up with that and was told manufacturers requested retailers temporarily stop taking backorders until supply was built back up.

I was also told all existing backorders on newly "No Backorder" items WILL be honored...good to know as I have a Delton middy kit that allegedly was going to be in mid-month.

excursion12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    One can only presume you think you were the only person who had the particular item on back order. Hmmmmm. :dunno: My assumption would be they fill them in the order they were received.

I have back ordered items from Midsouth several times and watched the price increase before my order was delivered. I always paid what the items were priced at the time I placed the order and my credit card was not charged until the item was shipped.

I presume you misunderstand my point. I am not naive enough to think I am the only person with them on back order. My concern is that they showed "in stock" for a few hours but my back order didn't get filled. Why put them in stock on the website and not just ship them to the people who have back orders in the system?

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    One of my back orders arrived today. Two S&W M&P 15-22 32 RD Pro Mags.

As far as a price increase get use to it. If you haven't noticed the cost of living is only going to go up, while your paychecks get smaller. You can thank America for continuing to re-elect the same clowns into office.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I got lucky as well. Placed an order for 7.62x39 back right before Christmas. It was on back order and shipped 4 days ago without a price increase.

excursion12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Many items on my "wishlist" went up in price on Jan 1, a few more on Jan 2.

Also, 3/4 of my cart is now "Out of Stock, No Backorder". I asked Midway via email what was up with that and was told manufacturers requested retailers temporarily stop taking backorders until supply was built back up.

I was also told all existing backorders on newly "No Backorder" items WILL be honored...good to know as I have a Delton middy kit that allegedly was going to be in mid-month.

I got an email today telling me that my back order of 3 boxes of 1000 55 grain FMJ hornady bullets (placed in 2012) was in excess of their limit and 2 boxes would be cancelled. I called midway and they told me to contact larry potterfield. Guess they aren't going to honor all their back orders after all.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I presume you misunderstand my point. I am not naive enough to think I am the only person with them on back order. My concern is that they showed "in stock" for a few hours but my back order didn't get filled. Why put them in stock on the website and not just ship them to the people who have back orders in the system?

My understanding is that if you have a backorder and it comes in stock, you get a notice and can either complete the order or cancel. This is actually kind of nice, as it does not prevent you from looking around for other sources.

I have about 10 bolt carrier groups on back-order. If one ever comes in I can cancel the rest.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    I have a couple PMAGS on order from December 19th. I am hoping they come in stock at the beginning of February like they said they were expecting when I placed the order.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    There was a time there (late Dec) where you could backorder 2 Pmags maximum at regular price. I ordered 2 of each type available (gen2 and 3 with different colors and with/without window for a total of 16 with that permutation). The 2 gen2 black mags no window came in last week and I got them on Friday. No message of any others yet.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    I ordered a new Hi-viz sight for my Shotgun on New Years Eve and made it to my door with in 3 days. Considering the holiday and the other Madness going on I was Very Happy with that. +1 for Midway

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    +1 for Midway. I was checking on my back orders and noticed my order for M3 Pmags shipped and will arrive next Monday, 01-28 This order was placed on Dec19th.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i ordered some G19 mags the other day, and about an hour later some G22 mags.

G22 mags are on their way. come to think of it, i never even got a confirmation for the G19 mags.. need to check my account......................

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i ordered some G19 mags the other day, and about an hour later some G22 mags.

G22 mags are on their way. come to think of it, i never even got a confirmation for the G19 mags.. need to check my account......................

yup. sure as ****. they charged me for the G19 mags but i've not received so much as an order confirmation.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Per an email I got from them....
    Your birthday is coming soon and I hope it’s a special day. To help celebrate, I want you to have special Birthday Pricing on nearly every product at midwayusa.com

Your special Birthday Pricing offer is good on your next purchase, but you must place your order by your birthday.

Thanks for Your Business!

Larry Potterfield,
    Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

NOW THAT'S GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!

GlockRyan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I've always had a good experience with Midway. My only problem I've had with them is the length of time it takes for them to ship an item, even before this recent crisis. I know they're busy and all, but if they have the items in stock there is no reason why it should take 3 days for them to ship it.

Glock4life

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Elkhart, IN
    I found a full set of 9MM dies in stock. I put them in my cart and kept shopping for an additional 10 min so I could take advantage of the shipping charges. I went to close out and the 9MM dies were sold out. I should have just paid for them.

Top Bottom