• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Chances are, your children and grandchildren will be voting for politicians who run on platforms of infringements - and entitlements.

That's been the arc of politics in the US since the New Deal. Well, I guess the New Deal may even be included in that trajectory.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Chances are, your children and grandchildren will be voting for politicians who run on platforms of infringements - and entitlements.

That's been the arc of politics in the US since the New Deal. Well, I guess the New Deal may even be included in that trajectory.

My children are already voting, and they are not voting for either infringement or entitlements.

As far as others who are voting for it, I won't be joining them. At least I, personally, can cancel out at least one person doing so. There is no negotiation when it comes to this kind of thing.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My children are already voting, and they are not voting for either infringement or entitlements.

As far as others who are voting for it, I won't be joining them. At least I, personally, can cancel out at least one person doing so. There is no negotiation when it comes to this kind of thing.
    They don't vote?

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana

No Way. I raised my kids the correct way (they are high schoolers). They are conservative and so are all of their friends who make up the majority of their Senior class.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I was listening to Tony Katz's show on WIBC today and Tony was giving Braun hell for Braun suggesting to give in to "common sense gun laws". I thought finally one of the local guys saying it like it needed to be said. I think Guy Relford pu$$y foots around the Braun subject too much.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you and I both remember the AWB. (Dang we're old.) :)

The "no compromise crowd" was drowned out in favor of the "OMG there's an emergency (drugs and gangs at the time) that we need to do something about."

The political landscape has evolved, sure. But my concern is that a No Compromise position will be marginalized by the current politics. With the relatively close margins in the national legislature, and a POTUS who so far seems willing to appease emotional calls for gun control, something less than an AWB would be a "win." (Trump cannot be counted on to veto an AWB, IMHO.)

Have a 10 or 20 year sunset on the new assault rifle NICS program, and that's even better.

Personally, I can see the value of indulging some minor incrementalism before going full on molon labe.
    That’s a bad plan. It was impossible in 1994 to overcome the media’s control of news. With the internet and social media now, there’s a platform to push back. Appeasement got us the first ban. Time to stop that nonsense.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was listening to Tony Katz's show on WIBC today and Tony was giving Braun hell for Braun suggesting to give in to "common sense gun laws". I thought finally one of the local guys saying it like it needed to be said. I think Guy Relford pu$$y foots around the Braun subject too much.

Tony Katz is a strong 2A supporter and someone we should definitely leverage. He has a BIG microphone. I suggested this a while back and got some static from people that didn’t like his personality, thought he was a bigmouth, didn’t like how much air time he was getting, etc...

This was discouraging. Not only sometimes, but most all of the time we are our own worst enemy.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    To be in that business you need to be a big mouth. Rush has been on for 31 years now. Whatever you may think of him, he was the first in your face conservative that got our message out to the people.

There have been many converts to our side because of him and all of the other conservative speakers he has given a platform.

Hannity was his first guest host and credits rush for his rise.

There are a lot of conservative hosts out there now and I don't agree 100% with any of them, but lets not shoot them down.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Braun is an idiot.
    No matter what new gun laws are passed, the left will further infringe on our rights in the future whenever they can.

Yeah, because if we just give the terrorists what they want, they will stop terrorizing.

That's how it works, right?

Top Bottom