• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Braun is not 2A friendly, let alone a 2A supporter!

Young is not much better,

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Federal “red flag” laws....c’mon.

It’s clunky enough in state court, I imagine that it would be a nightmare in federal courts. He’s just saying words.

I’m not clear on how the feds would even enforce this to begin with. They can’t even enforce the laws we already have on the books. They’d never clog up federal courts with due process hearings when a local court could do it.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I’m not clear on how the feds would even enforce this to begin with. They can’t even enforce the laws we already have on the books. They’d never clog up federal courts with due process hearings when a local court could do it.

Same way they enforce everything else, here's a model law, enact it or loose grant money and other federal funds. 55 MPH speed limit, and 21 year old drinking age come to mind.

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The politicians don't care, they don't see it as their problem. Their agenda is just to enact laws they think will get them relected. The courts don't have a say in getting this turkey foisted on them. I see a high probability of a flood of warrants based on hearsay "evidence" getting issued, and if you don't get killed while being SWATTED, then you can wait till eternity for your day in court.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Same way they enforce everything else, here's a model law, enact it or loose grant money and other federal funds. 55 MPH speed limit, and 21 year old drinking age come to mind.

Good point. My thoughts is they'd just turn over enforcement to local governments, kind of like they do with a lot of welfare fraud cases.

If they did this, it wouldn't have much impact on Indiana, since we're pioneers in gun confiscation laws.

He should be a one term Senator. Guy should be recruited to primary him.

^^YES!^^

The politicians don't care, they don't see it as their problem. Their agenda is just to enact laws they think will get them relected. The courts don't have a say in getting this turkey foisted on them. I see a high probability of a flood of warrants based on hearsay "evidence" getting issued, and if you don't get killed while being SWATTED, then you can wait till eternity for your day in court.

Touche....

Or Jim Lucas.

I'd like to see Jim Lucas as our governor. Holcomb is a likable guy, but he has no ba**s.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lucas wants to legalize pot. That ain't gonna fly here.

With his good work on Indiana gun laws, it'd be nice if he would have kept that little tidbit to himself.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

With his good work on Indiana gun laws, it'd be nice if he would have kept that little tidbit to himself.

I think that legalized pot will happen here reasonably soon as our neighbors are already collecting the tax money and we cannot miss out. They already see the cash from CBD coming in.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis

Why would he keep that to himself? It's a multi-billion dollar per year industry. Indiana stands to make huge profits from it. Plus, more and more Hoosiers are supporting legalization. It will fly here, and it's coming sooner than you think. I think our current governor will get behind cannabis in his second term, especially if the feds also reschedule it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The state of Indiana is bathing in drug problems of all sort. We don't need to add ourselves to the list of states that have this on top of insane crime and homeless issues that legalization brings. :twocents:

The lottery and gambling were supposed to have us swimming in tax money also. Strangely difficult to see the results of those bogus claims either.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Exactly. Sin tax is a wonderful way to get revenue that never seems to take the pressure oh the producers.

When NJ legalized gambling the revenue was supposed to go to schools, that means that property taxes should have stabilized or lowered...

NOT!

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The state of Indiana is bathing in drug problems of all sort. We don't need to add ourselves to the list of states that have this on top of insane crime and homeless issues that legalization brings. :twocents:

The lottery and gambling were supposed to have us swimming in tax money also. Strangely difficult to see the results of those bogus claims either.

I don’t buy the gateway drug argument. The only reason it’s considered a gateway is because of its illegality. There’s nothing about THC itself that makes one crave harder drugs. Having fun doing things that are forbidden lead to doing other things that are forbidden.

Using the plant to control pain will lead millions of people to choose it over opiates.

The drug war has been a catastrophic failure. Prohibition doesn’t work. It’s the same argument we use with guns.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Exactly. Sin tax is a wonderful way to get revenue that never seems to take the pressure oh the producers.

When NJ legalized gambling the revenue was supposed to go to schools, that means that property taxes should have stabilized or lowered...

NOT!

More taxes just begets more government.

Yep.

No reason for Indiana to take the same path as so many other failing states.
    Do we really want to follow the path of blue states?
    The one's with the strictest gun control laws?

:dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom