• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I don’t buy the gateway drug argument. The only reason it’s considered a gateway is because of its illegality. There’s nothing about THC itself that makes one crave harder drugs. Having fun doing things that are forbidden lead to doing other things that are forbidden.

Using the plant to control pain will lead millions of people to choose it over opiates.

The drug war has been a catastrophic failure. Prohibition doesn’t work. It’s the same argument we use with guns.
    It’s pretty inane to see a group of “pro-freedom” “pro-gun” people argue against the freedom to use marijuana legally, yet argue that the government has no right to infringe on freedoms, and that prohibition doesn’t work, argue that we shouldn’t legalize marijuana for personal use.

hey guys buying guns leads to mass murder is the same argument as “gateway drug” it’s all fear mongering and “think of the children” at its core.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am pro gun, pro freedom and anti drug.

I am not opposed to medicinal use of drugs when prescribed by a doctor.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse

And that is perfectly fine, I never even touched an intoxicating beverage of any kind until 29 years old, and have been the most anti-drug person around, not even wanting to use a tylenol, or prescription medication, but at the same time I never wanted to be the thought police, I want free access to machineguns, other people want to drink/smoke, whatever they want to do, unless it causes harm to others directly (non agression pact) I don’t care what they’re up to. The moment we, as gun owners, stoop to their level and use the ole “think of the children” routine to explain why somebody shouldn’t do something, we lose.

Everyone I know who is hooked on opiates cranked their usage up when the supply line of other less harmful substances (marijuana mainly) was taken away by law enforcement, as we all know prohibition doesn’t work.

as for Braun, politicians love taking the easy route, not making a firm stance and using form letters for everything, politicians who actually take a firm stance are virtually extinct, it could upset some citizens, i mean voters

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It’s pretty inane to see a group of “pro-freedom” “pro-gun” people argue against the freedom to use marijuana legally, yet argue that the government has no right to infringe on freedoms, and that prohibition doesn’t work, argue that we shouldn’t legalize marijuana for personal use.

hey guys buying guns leads to mass murder is the same argument as “gateway drug” it’s all fear mongering and “think of the children” at its core.

:cheers:

Doesn't being pro-freedom mean allowing others to make decisions for themselves? I'm anti-Satan, but if one wants to be a part of the Church of Satan, I don't believe he should be legally prevented from doing so. It's not a good thing to be a burnout. A minority of marijuana smokers sit around and get high all day...they're burnouts, losers, bums. But....that's their prerogative. The majority of marijuana users don't behave like this. They enjoy it like others enjoy alcohol, responsibly and in moderation. Plus, the medicinal uses allow people the freedom to address pain, anxiety, etc, without having to be prescribed to pharmaceuticals with deleterious side-effects - including addiction.

For the record, I'm not a marijuana user. I was in my teenage years, but that was a long time ago. The same paranoias with gun ownership exist with marijuana use. The left will have people believe that people like us are violent people who own weapons "designed for the battlefield." We know that is ridiculous...and honestly, quite offensive. The right, oftentimes, paints people who choose marijuana as drug-addicted burnouts. That's also untrue.

Perhaps we disagree on this issue, but I appreciate the discourse. :cheers:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There enough unproductive members of society. Opiates alleviate that drain to some extent. Marijuana only enhances it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    He still sounds squishy as a FUD.

He sounds a heck of a lot more educated on the issue than he did when he was on The Gun Guy show last year. It seems someone has been getting through to him to clear up some of the misconceptions he had. I see it as progress compared to what he's said in the past.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He beat two good men, as an underdog by slinging mud. As an incumbent he will be hard to beat unless it is by a real fighter. Someone like Trump (Oh,:poop: we don't like bare knuckle fighters).

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Good for Mike Braun, at least he's moving in the right direction. Now if we could only get Brian Bosma to do the right thing. Doesn't look like that will happen any time soon.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts

Don't be fooled. Everyone here is pro gun here(hopefully) but easily a majority are Republicans, and (R)s can be just as anti freedom as Democrats. Just about different things.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Marijuana is bad in and of itself, as is alcohol.

Both are beneficial for medicinal purposes and I have no problem with that.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Tobacco is bad. Alcohol and Marijuana aren't inherently bad. Just as guns don't make whackos shoot up schools and music festivals, intoxicants don't make people do stupid things. Those people were already stupid, the drugs can lower that filter that makes them not act on their stupid impulses but more than anything, they're a convenient excuse.

What someone puts in their body is none of yours, the government's, or anybody else's business. If they want to smoke a bowl or snort a line of blow, as long as they're doing it in the privacy of their own home or any private property that allows it and not directly injuring another person to acquire it, leave them the **** alone.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We've raised many generations of intoxication nation.

We don't need to change any intoxication laws, but a making a solid effort to raise future generations thinking that intoxication isn't cool would make for a much better society.

Top Bottom