Mil Member being threaten with sedition???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm hearing this from a couple different sources...

I'm hearing that soldiers are going to be charged with sedition if they attend any of the 9/12 events...

I heard this exact quote too... I cant find any online sources, just know what my little birdy told me and then seen this on facebook....

"Military members now being warned that they will be charged with sedition if they attend any 9/12 activities (even out-of-uniform). Military members are being warned that, in wartime, the punishment for sedition is death -- and that this is wartime....... I.e., Obongo's so afraid of opposition that he is threatening to execute military men & women!"

So does anyone on here know if this is true or not? Can they really do this? :n00b:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Things may have changed in the last ten years but it used to be that as long as you were off duty and out of uniform you could go where you wanted .

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I seriously doubt this one. As 2ADMLOVER stated, as long as they're out of uniform and on their own time they can go where they want. In uniform is a different matter altogether.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    True. I'll have to go ask my Active Mil friend here in town see if he's been told this. I know he's usually up to date on all this stuff.... Just wondered what our IN-HOUSE MIL personnel had heard...

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    When out of uniform, Military members can go to any legal event/place unless the base commander put it off limits.
    Examples: Known drug houses, bars that have been involved in multiple fights, places of prostitution, ...etc

I don't think (or should I say hope) political events are off limits.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    When out of uniform, Military members can go to any legal event/place unless the base commander put it off limits.
    Examples: Known drug houses, bars that have been involved in multiple fights, places of prostitution, ...etc

I don't think (or should I say hope) political events are off limits.

What are the rules for when they're in uniform?

dvcr8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I would seriously doubt this. Of course it could depend on what the activities entail - are they actively encouraging their fellow citizens / soldiers into rebellion against the state? IF SO, then maybe - since that's essentially what Sedition is. But, if it's just a peaceful demonstration, encouraging the use of the democratic process to change the status quo, then it should be OK - as long as they are not in uniform / don't ID themselves as active military.

I might have to dig out the old FM's and Regs when I get home to look this over..

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I would seriously doubt this. Of course it could depend on what the activities entail - are they actively encouraging their fellow citizens / soldiers into rebellion against the state? IF SO, then maybe - since that's essentially what Sedition is. But, if it's just a peaceful demonstration, encouraging the use of the democratic process to change the status quo, then it should be OK - as long as they are not in uniform / don't ID themselves as active military.

I might have to dig out the old FM's and Regs when I get home to look this over..

Well, Considering they consider us Tea Party Patriots terrorists for doing just that....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm hearing this from a couple different sources...

I'm hearing that soldiers are going to be charged with sedition if they attend any of the 9/12 events...

I heard this exact quote too... I cant find any online sources, just know what my little birdy told me and then seen this on facebook....

"Military members now being warned that they will be charged with sedition if they attend any 9/12 activities (even out-of-uniform). Military members are being warned that, in wartime, the punishment for sedition is death -- and that this is wartime....... I.e., Obongo's so afraid of opposition that he is threatening to execute military men & women!"

So does anyone on here know if this is true or not? Can they really do this? :n00b:

This is wartime? Really? I'm having trouble locating the Declaration of War from the Congress of the United States....

<crickets chirp>
    Bueller?
    Anyone?

And yes, I would have said the same thing if GWB had threatened our military members with this.

Blessings,
    Bill

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This is wartime? Really? I'm having trouble locating the Declaration of War from the Congress of the United States....

I'm thinking the same thing. Conflict and war became the same legal thing when? I mean boys and girls dying is the same no matter what, but legally...

Oh, and this was all started by a military wife that called in on Beck's Radio show. I'm having problems finding the transcripts and I don't feel like listening to all the audio...

Top Bottom