Milwaukee authorities find weapons stash in hermit's underground bunker... woods

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Perhaps not the right place to bring this up, but why is a short barreled shotgun illegal but a pistol with an even shorter barrel length is not ? What does cutting the barrel off have to do with any type of logic that creates an “illegal” firearm ?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Perhaps not the right place to bring this up, but why is a short barreled shotgun illegal but a pistol with an even shorter barrel length is not ? What does cutting the barrel off have to do with any type of logic that creates an “illegal” firearm ?

Key word here is "Logic"

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Just goes to show that if you display aberrant enough behavior that "concerns" enough people, the authorities will find a way to jack you up. If only to make the calls about you stop.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just goes to show that if you display aberrant enough behavior that "concerns" enough people, the authorities will find a way to jack you up. If only to make the calls about you stop.

Gotta pretend they're making that paycheck worth it, by nabbing a homeless guy in the woods and talking it up like he's some terrorist.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I didn’t make the rulez I just gotz to follow them?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    From what the picture shows there appears to a firearm missing. I wonder what happened to it?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Scary stash of guns?
    Looks like the flea market junk table at a gunshow... stuff that gets taken back home at the end because nobody bought it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Gotta pretend they're making that paycheck worth it, by nabbing a homeless guy in the woods and talking it up like he's some terrorist.

You wouldn't want police to remove a guy living in a dugout on your land? It ain't "the" woods, it's someone's woods.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    How does having a stock made into a pistol grip make it a SBS?

As long as the BBl length is over 18" ans the overall length is over 26" it is just a shotgun.

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    Soooo....

Some guy hides in the woods, is an animal lover, and made a bunch of mediocre guns less useful by cutting them up???

This hero is going to be on every SierraClub/PETA/MDA ad campaign for years.
    What a truly eco-conscience/humane/peaceful example to the rest of us.

(so much purple)

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    OK, I didn't see the sawed off. I was looking at the Maverick. I went to the article and the picture was bigger. At first glance I thought the sawed off was a pistol.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy

I hope somebody involved in the process notices his next court appearance seems to be scheduled for 12-03-2020.

In a similar but unrelated matter, Milwaukee police found dozens of guns, a large amount of ammo, and a variety of explosives in an abandoned shed behind a public library. A local resident commented, "I been livin' in this neighborhood all my life. I never knowed we had a library"!

Top Bottom