• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    As requested, I added a Flashlight Combatives class before the end of the year. I already have a few signups, so if you are looking for a single day of high quality training in the use of intense white lights, this is the class for you!

The details:

December 4, 2011
    Time: 9 am (please arrive early so that we can start at 9)

Address: 2541 Kentucky Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46221

A high intensity white light is a compact and powerful tool for personal defense. It can typically be carried anywhere in the world to provide protection in locations where other weapons are not permitted.
    The content of Flashlight Combatives is geared toward the average citizen who wants to carry a flashlight in addition to a knife and/or handgun. We briefly cover shooting techniques with hand-held lights, but students in this one day class will learn, practice and test methods for using hand-held flashlights as searching, lighting, deterrence and impact tools. This class has minimal lecture time to focus instead on practical techniques and dynamic, combative lessons. As with all Mindset Laboratory classes, you will not leave without personally testing what you have learned.
    This class is not so physical that you need to be in perfect shape to attend, but you will be expected to move and participate in active drills. Any prior injuries and disabilities can be easily accommodated.
    Required gear:

• Hand held high intensity flashlight (loaners available)
    • Fresh batteries for your light
    • Pen or pencil and paper for taking notes
    • Drinking water and snacks
    Optional gear:

• Bluegun and holster (Glock 19 loaners available)
    Prerequisites: None
    Class length: One Day
    Class times: 9 AM – 5 PM
    Class cost: $150

This is not a shooting with a light and gun class. That was Low Light Force on Force which I just taught yesterday. This is using your high intensity white light as a stand-alone tool to make you safer.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    LOL...
    I hope something works out for me next year. You have several Classes I think are pretty Interesting and Cool.

My Low Light Force on Force class yesterday was a blast to teach. For the first time running the new course it went really well. Half the students were from out of state and therefore not on INGO, but I'm sure there will be a few reviews posted in the next few days from the guys who are here.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That's a shame. But I'm just about ready to post my 2012 schedule and there will be other chances for training.

I'm already signed up for a class on the 3rd. And my wife would KILL me if I took another one the day after.

So, I'll definetely take my first MindSet class after the holidays. Which I'm excited about.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Do you use Light Filters in any of your Trainings?

No. In Flashlight Combatives, I teach the more light the better. Filters and colored LEDs cut the light output by their very design.

I did carry a red LED light for last Sunday's class to preserve my night vision when I needed to get around without bumping into anything and I used colored glow sticks to mark myself so I didn't get shot accidently. Other than that it's all white light.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Just over one week until this class. Sign up!

Here's a short video from a previous class.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXXdEX5Ih0[/ame]

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I'll be in this class. Who's coming with me?

Well Evan if you are going then so am I! Shay sign me up. But I am only coming under one condition. My ultra tacti-cool illuminator has spiking things on things on the front. You can't make fun because I already know your opinion about those. :laugh:

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Well Evan if you are going then so am I! Shay sign me up. But I am only coming under one condition. My ultra tacti-cool illuminator has spiking things on things on the front. You can't make fun because I already know your opinion about those. :laugh:

Bring your flashlight knife to class and we'll have that discussion in person. :yesway:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Psssst. Take a look at my website. The 2012 schedule was just posted for the first half of the year. Maybe something will line up for you....

SWEET!!!

Probably not...
    We just got a New CO so I am sure Tommorrow I will get a new Drill schedule that will be on every day you have something and cover all the Gun Shows within a 100 Miles of my house too... :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom