• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just now home from class. It was a great first experience with Mindset Laboratory.

I'll have a full AAR with pictures and videos up sometime tomorrow!

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Awesome. GREAT finally having you in a class. You picked a good one. We did have some fun today.

We sure did!

I'll go ahead and skip to the end of my AAR for a moment-- I would highly recommend Mindset Lab/Shay to folks who are ready to take firearms and combatives off the firing line and into real life. The course material and Shay's approach is widely digestible, and applicable to all different walks and types of people. Putting on the helmets and going at it with an armored opponent shows you things about your gear, your tactics, and yourself that you could never learn otherwise.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    "When in doubt, swap 'em out." - me

Replaced mine first thing when I got out!

Shay, thank you for an excellent class. I was telling my wife about the experience and she agrees that the use of flashlights is a valuable skill to develop. Hoping she can come spend a day with you in the future.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am anxious to hear Shay's response. Personally I thought he did an excellent job presenting the material. It was well thought out and well organized. I can honestly say that after an 8 hour class I am not a martial artist or ready to go start bar fights. I do feel better prepared to confront a determined attacker if need be. Hopefully with a little more practice I can develop muscle memory that will allow me to maintain a core position, cover my head, and make a directed strike. Even better would be to use light to avoid a confrontation altogether. Yes the concepts are simple but a person really needs to face the Fist Suit to see how you would react. Lets face it most of us have not been on the receiving end of a punch or had a gun pointed at us. Is this the same as the real thing? No, but it is a close as simulation will safely allow.

Personally I found the techniques in this class to be more useful in my day to day life then those that involve the deployment of a firearm. That being said "Carry a ****ing gun" - Shay

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    What I Learned:

"Carry a ****ing Gun!" - Shay
    "Carry a ***ing Light." - Shay
    "Everyone has a plan till they get hit in the mouth." - Mike Tyson
    "When in Doubt Swap them Out" - Shay

Oh, and good cheek index. Don't play patty cake. Keep a good cheek index. Want to take a guess who kept telling me that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom