• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Every bumpstock owner is peaceful, just like their stock.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    In all fairness to bumpstock owners, their bumpstock instruction manual probably doesn't instruct them to kill anyone.

ZS5J9BM.gif

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

The correct verdict, IMHO. Though, police officers do get a certain... benefit of the doubt that other citizens do not:

[FONT=&quot]The jury considered three charges against Noor. They acquitted Noor of second-degree murder, which would have required a finding of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]intent to kill[/FONT][FONT=&quot], but no premeditation. The third-degree murder conviction required a finding that Noor acted recklessly and with a "depraved" mind, but with no intent to kill. Noor was also convicted of second-degree manslaughter, which required a finding that Noor acted with "culpable negligence" and created an "unreasonable risk" of causing death or great bodily harm.[/FONT]

When a police officer isn't squeezing the trigger, typically speaking, pointing a gun at someone and firing a round is prima facie evidence of "intent to kill". Reckless action would be negligently discharging a firearm.

Regardless, Noor is going to prison for a long time.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    I agree it was the correct verdict, but the whole ordeal raises a larger issue of muslim officers. I don't see how a devout muslim LEO can reconcile their oath to the constitution and devotion to sharia law. If they are in conflict, where does a muslim LEO's allegiances lie? Some in this thread have called it a diversity hire. I'm not sure about that, but I think if that's true, its a minor matter compared to an issue of allegiance to the constitution vs the quran if they are in conflict. In other words, departments can have all the diversity hire policies they want, but if an officer or potential recruit demonstrates a clear intention to use their authority to enforce sharia law over constitutional law, that ought to be grounds for dismissal or a major strike against hiring that person.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I agree it was the correct verdict, but the whole ordeal raises a larger issue of muslim officers. I don't see how a devout muslim LEO can reconcile their oath to the constitution and devotion to sharia law. If they are in conflict, where does a muslim LEO's allegiances lie? Some in this thread have called it a diversity hire. I'm not sure about that, but I think if that's true, its a minor matter compared to an issue of allegiance to the constitution vs the quran if they are in conflict. In other words, departments can have all the diversity hire policies they want, but if an officer or potential recruit demonstrates a clear intention to use their authority to enforce sharia law over constitutional law, that ought to be grounds for dismissal or a major strike against hiring that person.

You have raised an excellent point with an obvious answer. I would also ask about admitting people of suspect loyalty to the Constitution and republic in the first place, never mind placing them in positions of authority.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    You have raised an excellent point with an obvious answer. I would also ask about admitting people of suspect loyalty to the Constitution and republic in the first place, never mind placing them in positions of authority.

and in most departments across the country they are probably very aware of this issue. its probably really only a few departments in a few places that might have policies and practices that are cause for concern.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

BehindBlueI's could probably address your concerns...

Top Bottom