• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    BehindBlueI's could probably address your concerns...

He indeed could. Please note that I did not say that being Muslim automatically impeached one's loyalty to Constitution and republic, but there is reason to pay close attention to newcomers from a sharia society and no preexisting relationship with our society or concepts of governance.

In the case of Islam, it is important to keep in mind that there is a huge difference between the Islam of King Abdullah of Jordan and the Islam of the Ayatollah. We need to pay attention to which one a person practices.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    BBI isnt a wacko. Im not worried about all muslims honestly. Just like some christians are wackos too.
    Police officers go through psychological testing and also lie detector testing, ect (im not fully knowledgeable on their process) my point is they dont just hand anyone a badge. People can lie and trick you for bad intentions. Or change after being hired.
    Look at the wack jobs who are in the military who've committed acts of terrorism or even recently an active duty Army MP committed murder in beech grove indiana.

I dont want to see religion coming up in a hiring process. Its against the constitution.
    Screen the applicants really well and you cant help it if they do something later.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    BBI isnt a wacko. Im not worried about all muslims honestly. Just like some christians are wackos too.
    Police officers go through psychological testing and also lie detector testing, ect (im not fully knowledgeable on their process) my point is they dont just hand anyone a badge. People can lie and trick you for bad intentions. Or change after being hired.
    Look at the wack jobs who are in the military who've committed acts of terrorism or even recently an active duty Army MP committed murder in beech grove indiana.

I dont want to see religion coming up in a hiring process. Its against the constitution.
    Screen the applicants really well and you cant help it if they do something later.

You might have a problem with that argument in the event someone deems following the Constitution to be against his religion.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    You might have a problem with that argument in the event someone deems following the Constitution to be against his religion.

question on the application: Are there any issues that would prevent you from upholding the constitution as a part of your regular duties?

no religious disclosure required.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    question on the application: Are there any issues that would prevent you from upholding the constitution as a part of your regular duties?

no religious disclosure required.

That works as a legalese translation but does not change the fact and substance of the matter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You cant fix stupid at that point. Obviously that sharia law crap is more than just religion, its an attempt to subvert U.S. law. This law trumps their law. That stands.

They treat woman as property. No more than furniture. They are rude and aggressive. I will not have any further dealings with people of that mindset.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You cant fix stupid at that point. Obviously that sharia law crap is more than just religion, its an attempt to subvert U.S. law. This law trumps their law. That stands.

What most Americans can't wrap their heads around is that the Ayatollah's Islam is a comprehensive system of religion, government, and social structure all inextricably combined. By contrast, King Abdullah's Islam would allow a person to be both a faithful Muslim and a faithful citizen and agent of constitutional government. At the end of the day, a fundamentalist could never faithfully adhere to the Constitution. Of he changes his ways adequately to do so, then, by definition, he would no longer be a fundamentalist.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I find it unfortunate that as a condition of settlement the victims family "donated" $2 million to a local foundation to prevent gun violence.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    No but against Federal law.

Kind of my point. People are always saying "_____ is against the Constitution" or "its unconstitutional to do _____" and it usually isn't.

Now, the question is "How is this a matter for Federal law?"

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    How does that play into a settlement. Not sure I would go for that at all. Regardless of my beliefes.

I took some time to do further research and it seems to have went to the Minneapolis Foundation Fund for Safe Communities. From what I have found so far, they would have not seen one red cent from me.

Top Bottom