• Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Amen.

I can almost understand why states want permits and licenses they honor to be similar to theirs.

What makes no sense whatsoever is Illinois. They demand that a state's license or permit is similar to their not to honor that card, but as a requisite to apply for an Illinois license! WTF??? Why the hell does it matter if you would have to do their training and pass their background check just like each and every Illinois resident applicant? Obviously they want to give the appearance that they respect human rights,, but they clearly do not want people carrying guns. It's blatantly deceitful and unethical at best.

Not to mention the high cost of their process, seems contrary to the intent of the 2A.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Gee, it does almost seem that way!

Yep. More than almost for sure. "Seems" obviously an understatement. Living walking distance from Lansing and working for years in downtown Chicago, paying Illinois income tax yet unable to practice my rights there. Can't even get a license there if I wanted to. Well aware of the draconian state of Illinois gun laws. I hear you. Part of the choir. Understand the tune.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yep. More than almost for sure. "Seems" obviously an understatement. Living walking distance from Lansing and working for years in downtown Chicago, paying Illinois income tax yet unable to practice my rights there. Can't even get a license there if I wanted to. Well aware of the draconian state of Illinois gun laws. I hear you. Part of the choir. Understand the tune.

Agreed!

It boils down to the fact that Illinois has been dominated by a Big Bag o' Dicks for a long, long time. They're all in it for their own benefit, which requires people control. Apparently a majority of the voters prefer freedom from choice over freedom of choice.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Illinois is just trying to keep the rif-raf like rhino out of our beautiful state. In reality we did not get CCW in Illannoy through the legislature but through the Federal Court of Appeals. The court ruled the state total ban on carrying of firearms outside the home was unconstitutional and gave the state a time limit to remedy the situation. There was much discussion about what would happen if the state did not pass any law by the time limit and was pretty much accepted that the state would go to "constitutional carry" if nothing was put in place. Well the powers that be went nuts over this possibility so on the last day of the time given by the court it was passed. With the state being totally in the grip of Chicago democrats they were not bashful about stating this was the most expensive and restrictive bill they could pass that would satisfy the court.
    They also made it possible to obtain a non-resident CCW for twice the money and only if you reside in a state with similar laws. At this time the only four states are Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas and Virginia. If you notice none of these states are any where near Illannoy so nearby states residents that might actually find a Illinois CCW useful are excluded. Even after all that many of the anti gunners are still butt-hurt over having to pass anything so are still trying to restrict what we do have. There in a nutshell is the harsh reality of what happens where a state is ruled by Chicago democrats. I will be seeing some of you when I come to Indiana, I know none of you want to come to this god awful state. Jim.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    ct-illinois-president-results-20161108.jpg
    Agreed!

It boils down to the fact that Illinois has been dominated by a Big Bag o' Dicks for a long, long time. They're all in it for their own benefit, which requires people control. Apparently a majority of the voters prefer freedom from choice over freedom of choice.

Take a look at the 2016 electoral map. Illinois is a state that is in many ways largely conservative, but the voting is dominated by the incredibly populated blue areas.

Top Bottom