• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I guess EVERY gunshop and auction house that Ive bought a gun over the years must have disobeyed that ATF dufus you have there which is spewing nonsense. There truly is nothing to debate....Ill say it.. Your ATF rep is a complete tool and doesnt know his arse from a hole in the ground. PM me with his number and Ill call him and tell the idiot myself! ;)

Here's another BS action they take...

RK's headquarters is in IL. IL has a 24 hr wait period to pick up a firearm. When this takes place, there's a location on the 4473 form to sign and date (the day of pick up) since it's different than the actual date the form gets called in and cleared.

As you know, IN doesn't have the 24 hr wait period. However, RK still requires you to sign and date the section stating you picked it up on a different date! They want to keep the process the same for ALL stores, so you have to sign it, to take your new purchase home.

I had several people involved, as I was taking it the same day and didn't think I should have to sign it, stating something which wasn't taking place. The only reason I decided to sign, was the fact you also have to date it.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

RK's headquarters is in IL. IL has a 24 hr wait period to pick up a firearm. When this takes place, there's a location on the 4473 form to sign and date (the day of pick up) since it's different than the actual date the form gets called in and cleared.

As you know, IN doesn't have the 24 hr wait period. However, RK still requires you to sign and date the section stating you picked it up on a different date! They want to keep the process the same for ALL stores, so you have to sign it, to take your new purchase home.

I had several people involved, as I was taking it the same day and didn't think I should have to sign it, stating something which wasn't taking place. The only reason I decided to sign, was the fact you also have to date it.

Yep this is also true.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I guess EVERY gunshop and auction house that Ive bought a gun over the years must have disobeyed that ATF dufus you have there which is spewing nonsense. There truly is nothing to debate....Ill say it.. Your ATF rep is a complete tool and doesnt know his arse from a hole in the ground. PM me with his number and Ill call him and tell the idiot myself! ;)

It's a she, and if you want the number I can get it.

The reason given is because we are within 1000' of a school. As I understand the law it applies to persons buying a handgun without a valid state issued carry license/permit. I wrote the ATF head office for better explanation but never received a response to my question.

Last edited:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone

Illinois has a 24hr wait on long guns and a 72hr. wait on hand guns. "wait" aka "cool off period". You also have to have a IL State Police issued FOID card to buy AMMO or ANY Firearm in IL. Born and Raised in IL until I officially became an IN resident spring this year. I dont miss IL one bit!

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Yes I work at Rural king in Lafayette and we are still ironing things out in the firearm business. We only started selling since April 1st. I think we do a hell of a job for just beginning.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    The Rural King in Terre Haute has a nasty habit of only having one some of their sale firearms in stock. I cannot count how many times we have been asked to price match Rural King only to call and find out that the gun is out of stock because they only got one shipped to them. It's borderline dishonest to run ads and only have one of the product in stock.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The Rural King in Terre Haute has a nasty habit of only having one some of their sale firearms in stock. I cannot count how many times we have been asked to price match Rural King only to call and find out that the gun is out of stock because they only got one shipped to them. It's borderline dishonest to run ads and only have one of the product in stock.

its a natural thing in the retail world, gander moutain, bass pro, walmart, EVERY car dealer does the same thing, advertise the 10,999 car, get one in, sell it to the first person who walks in the dealership(it's called a loss leader, why do you think everybody go's crazy for the 200.00 dollar 50 inch big screen tv that walmart sells on black friday, they get 10, not a ten thousand), when the next person walks in, the salesman says"i'm sorry, we sold that one, BUT we have this one instock" and BOOM its costs more than the loss leader.

if i had a dollar for everyperson who walks in and say's "gander mountain has this on sale...but they're out of stock" i'd be rich, plus it makes people go to the local shops and see how much they get screwed and the "big stores"

the last time i went to rural king their prices werent that cheap, as big as they are, with the buying power they have, i'd think they'd be cheaper, but just like gander, walmart, bass pro, they are not any cheaper than the local stores, the only thing they have, is "we have 30 stores, we buy a lot, what do you have " i looked last weekend for a sig 227 at every dealer we buy from, not one in stock.

timsdl72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    West Lafayette
    It's a she, and if you want the number I can get it.

The reason given is because we are within 1000' of a school. As I understand the law it applies to persons buying a handgun without a valid state issued carry license/permit. I wrote the ATF head office for better explanation but never received a response to my question.

I actually ran into a Dunhams that had the ATF regulation posted on every display case in the store. Same reason given based on distance to school. Crawfordsville maybe? Can't recall. Could have actually been in Michigan. Either way....I've seen it somewhere besides Rural King.

Top Bottom