Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If you're going to make it an equivalence, it kinda needs to be a sitting congressman, and the statement has to be a lot more like "I hope [Obama] is Assassinated!" than "Watch out Obama, Watch out BLM!"

What he said is bad enough, but he was a talk show host when he said it. Not a sitting congressman.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...178cf3524eb_story.html?utm_term=.78c4f6647987

“I made a mistake, and I’m owning up to it. And I’m not ever going to make a mistake like that again. I have learned my lesson. My judge and my jury is my Lord, Jesus Christ,” Chappelle-Nadal, who later deleted from post from her personal Facebook page, told reporters at a church in Ferguson.

Why do people try to church it up when they know they've screwed the pooch? It's never "I built a homeless shelter and fed the poor, only God can judge me!" It's a neat thought, but society gets to judge you as well and your fellow lawmakers will get to judge if you should keep your seat.

She did get around to an apology. I'm not sure if I'm cynical or just realistic, but I think this has more to do with clinging to her seat than any real remorse.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm thinking you didn't pay much attention to Hillary supporters vs Bernie supporters, even after Bernie rejoined the machine.

A lot of Bernie bots didn't show up in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania. Some of them voted for Trump. So the Democrat side, as far as voters are concerned, are becoming fractured like republicans are. But in congress, the dems do tend to stick together. For one reason or other.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    People make it sounds like only Democrats vote on party lines. The Republicans are just as guilty. Maybe the Dems have a little more success getting that last fringe vote when they need it most.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    People make it sounds like only Democrats vote on party lines. The Republicans are just as guilty. Maybe the Dems have a little more success getting that last fringe vote when they need it most.

Oh sure. Republicans do vote along party lines. There are just parties within the parties, along which lines they vote.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The apology the woman gave was a good start (assuming it was sincere)*.

The next step if for her to resign and if she continues to refuse, have her removed by whatever process exists in their rule book.

*I do believe her apology was sincere . . . because I think she was apologizing for the mistake of making her statement publicly. I don't think she has any regret whatsoever about saying what she said, just that it resulted in a backlash she did not expect.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The apology the woman gave was a good start (assuming it was sincere)*.

The next step if for her to resign and if she continues to refuse, have her removed by whatever process exists in their rule book.

*I do believe her apology was sincere . . . because I think she was apologizing for the mistake of making her statement publicly. I don't think she has any regret whatsoever about saying what she said, just that it resulted in a backlash she did not expect.

She'll probably be a speaker at the next Dem convention.

Top Bottom