• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Also one thing to remember, if you are using a newer phone and using the providers insurance to cover loss or failure, Rooiting for an Android or Jailbreaking a I-Phone can/will result in your warranty and phone being null and voided.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Also one thing to remember, if you are using a newer phone and using the providers insurance to cover loss or failure, Rooiting for an Android or Jailbreaking a I-Phone can/will result in your warranty and phone being null and voided.

This is true, but with a big asterisk containing an explanation like "sometimes, if they catch you, etc" -- I've jailbroken and rooted many phones and returned many [previously] jailbroken and rooted phones, and never had an issue. You can restore a 'legit' iOS on an iphone easily and you can return [most?all? at least many...] android phones to factory defaults. I've never even been QUESTIONED on a rooted/jb phone that I've restored and returned. Fenway, on your JB and [illegally] tether question, yes, you can do it, but AT&T recently caught a bunch of people doing it and nasty-grammed them. I never followed how it came out, whether they were billed, etc, but they were definitely caught.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I have a MiFi card and I use it all the time for at home and mobile interwebbing. I've been on their plan for a long time, and I've got an unlimited plan. No bogging down and no data limits.

The Verizon store I go to tried to tell me that once they finally get 4G in more places that I'll have to upgrade my device and they'll probably put me on a different plan. No way in hell I'll let that happen.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    that is only if you do a waranty exchange insurance will cover it no matter what you just have to pay the de ductable

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Talk to me... I have Sprint and ATT cell accounts. I need to have internet access on my laptop while traveling.

Sprint + Rooted Android = Wireless laptop connection without extra $$$.

I rooted my Sprint Evo tonight using Unrevoked.

The Evo comes with Sprint Hotspot (icon top right) if you want to pay $30/month. First icon, third row, the little ninja-looking character is Superuser Permissions, which is a function you get when you gain root access.

Barnacle Wifi Tether is the app that now makes my Evo a wireless hotspot. This screenshot shows the activity log when I tested it tonight. I don't have much need for this as I rarely do much traveling where wifi isn't available. Aside from banking, there isn't much I do on my laptop that I can't do on my Evo, but then one never knows when something like this might come in handy.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom