• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    I know that the mods, and Fenway, would feel a relief if there were more mods. However, I like how this site is so professional about who it selects for its moderators - the very best people on this board, who incorporate it into their personal life with the use of personal resources. I see other boards that will have a mod on there with less than 1k posts and is gone in a couple weeks. It's nice to see how serious Fenway and the mods take the integrity of this site.

Remember guys, its just as much our job as it is theirs to keep this place nice. If you have a problem that needs addressed, just pm a mod or hit the report post button. Just saying "I'd like to see some things taken care of" doesn't really help anyone. I've talked to them a few times, and believe me or not, they aren't half bad! :):

Again I promise I am not trying to say the Mods are not doing there best. I agree about people that are selected for Moderator positions should know what they are doing and what not. I try to help when I can. I have sent PMs to Mods informing them of things that are wrong, or posted in threads to try to get people to fix things that are wrong. This was just a thread to voice my opinion that with almost 9000 members 8 people trying to keep them in line must be a tough job...

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Like I said a while back, just because it says 9000 members doesn't mean that is how many people are posting. There are only a few hundred posting at most times. And most of those times it is the same people day in and day out.

There are a lot of "members" in the 9000 category that NEVER post, whether it be they sign up and dash, they are lurkers, or they are just shy.

I would venture to say the mods only have to babysit 250 people on average.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Like I said a while back, just because it says 9000 members doesn't mean that is how many people are posting. There are only a few hundred posting at most times. And most of those times it is the same people day in and day out.

There are a lot of "members" in the 9000 category that NEVER post, whether it be they sign up and dash, they are lurkers, or they are just shy.

All of your assumptions are incorrect.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I try to help when I can. I have sent PMs to Mods informing them of things that are wrong, or posted in threads to try to get people to fix things that are wrong. This was just a thread to voice my opinion that with almost 9000 members 8 people trying to keep them in line must be a tough job...

All of your assumptions are incorrect.
    You know what happens when you assume... :):

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    We should get an alert as to when all the mods will be offline
    so we can be extra good at that particular time......
    :whistle:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    We should get an alert as to when all the mods will be offline
    so we can be extra good at that particular time......
    :whistle:

That's why you (yes, you!) weren't told. ;)

OK...so you accounted for everyone else...what about you? :laugh:

He's one of the other two that was with Fenway. Seven of us total, four at Appleseed, Spas shopping, VUPD and Shooter with Fenway. Sheesh, learn to count, huh? :rofl: :laugh:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Well for starters you can look at the info at the bottom of the home page. The average load is 400+ users online per evening.
    That's a far cry from 8000.

e03bce5ea9b4158e8e056378683b392c.jpg

Cyb - Advanced Forum Statistics

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Based solely on our member list (sorting it by posts,) over 5100 of our members have posted something on here. It might only have been one post, but they've posted something. Nevertheless, any and all of them could sign on and our job here is to try to maintain order on the board, keep it clear of such things as cell-phone spammers, pharmaceutical spammers, shill accounts, and abusive members who just can't seem to get along with anyone.

The bigger question here is "what's your beef with INGO?" Posting things as you do, argumentatively challenging Scutter's simple statement that you were mistaken, taking VUPDBlue's suggestion of the info on the home page "each evening" and twisting it to find a time of lower activity to post up, it seems to me that you're going out of your way to paint INGO in a bad light. Do you have a problem with this board's members or its management, are you just one of those people who loves to take an adversarial position to anything positive, or are you simply arguing to be the center of attention in this small corner of the web?

The question on this thread is, "do we need more mods?" The answer to that is, "Right now, we do not need more mods, which does not mean that more members accepting an offer from Fenway to take that responsibility would not be helpful." In other words, we can handle the load that we have in most circumstances at our current level of activity. Part of the reason we can is that we have some great members who actually are helpful and productive here, and when they see something that falls outside our rules, they report the post, not out of vindictiveness (because if I got my hand smacked for doing that, by God, EVERYONE's going to!), but simply out of a desire to help make this board better.

Back on April Fools' Day, we changed a few things on the board for 24 hours or so. One of those was the "banners" under everyone's name. I made two possible banners for the mods, as I wasn't sure which one would be used. The one posted was "Babysitter". The other one was "Janitor". While all of those I made were part of the joke and they were poking fun at Fenway, us, the advertisers, site supporters, and other members, the best humor has some truth to it. I think the "Janitor" banner was more fitting for us, because that's more of what we do; keep the board clean. I've been in places that have janitors on staff, and I know most people will take the time to take garbage and throw it in a trash can, but I know some people who just drop their trash wherever and when asked, they answer, "Meh. They pay people to clean up." I try not to associate with people like that, because frankly, I think they're rectal orifices.

So, 360, keeping in mind that there are no janitors being paid here, I'll ask you again: What's your beef with INGO?

Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom