• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Given the rash of recent perps that were found not guilty 20+ years later due to DNA evidence, I like erring on the side of caution. That is one sentence that cant be reversed.

Now if you admit to it, or there is bulletproof video evidence that you did it, then I can see an express lane. But the average sentence without that concrete evidence, I dont mind dragging it out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Given the rash of recent perps that were found not guilty 20+ years later due to DNA evidence, I like erring on the side of caution. That is one sentence that cant be reversed.

Now if you admit to it, or there is bulletproof video evidence that you did it, then I can see an express lane. But the average sentence without that concrete evidence, I dont mind dragging it out.

Agreed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    deadleftist.jpg

https://twitter.com/motibbs/status/940792919266680833?lang=en

????

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    ...At this hour, Mollie Tibbetts remains dead at the hands of a person who should never have been within hundreds of miles of her. End of story. End of argument.

Was listening to some media coverage several days ago and "people on the street" wanted to compare this to the guy that murdered his pregnant wife and kids. It's not the same thing, and in a way it is. 1.) Mollie Tibbetts was murdered by someone in the country illegally. Logically one can argue if he were not here she would still be. 2.) The crazy nut that offed his family was here legally and by some shocking twist of fate...Murder is in fact, still illegal.

If I were to apply a broad brush to a different image that some people may find less triggering... think of a garden (lol, it's a stretch but go with it). You don't necessarily care if the weed blew over the fence or came from some other part of your yard...it's a weed and it must go. It will only create a reduced harvest of veggies necessary to sustain your family. If you allow it to remain - no matter where it came from - it will only cause damage to the crop you planted on your soil with your resources to feed your family.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Was listening to some media coverage several days ago and "people on the street" wanted to compare this to the guy that murdered his pregnant wife and kids. It's not the same thing, and in a way it is. 1.) Mollie Tibbetts was murdered by someone in the country illegally. Logically one can argue if he were not here she would still be. 2.) The crazy nut that offed his family was here legally and by some shocking twist of fate...Murder is in fact, still illegal.

If I were to apply a broad brush to a different image that some people may find less triggering... think of a garden (lol, it's a stretch but go with it). You don't necessarily care if the weed blew over the fence or came from some other part of your yard...it's a weed and it must go. It will only create a reduced harvest of veggies necessary to sustain your family. If you allow it to remain - no matter where it came from - it will only cause damage to the crop you planted on your soil with your resources to feed your family.

+10. Rep inbound. Winner. Close the thread...:)

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

I don't know if the above info is legit or not, but from reading the widely-disseminated recent writings of her father, I'm given to believe Mollie was quite the young liberal, at least on some issues, and in the abstract would have fervently supported her attacker's right to be here. There is no way to know for sure, now. But we do have her dad's statements to go by, and they would seem fairly authoritative.

Interestingly, her dad said she "is nobody's victim." And in modern liberal-speak, it sounds great for her dad to "say" that. But what does that mean, exactly? If, by "nobody's victim," her dad meant she lived the life she intended, according to her system of beliefs, and "died with her boots on" and no regrets; then good for her.

But personally, I'm not buying this line of guff her understandably grief-stricken dad is selling. Because the "Slats Grobnick" view of this situation might simply be that young Mollie was afforded the (unfortunate) chance to come face-to-face with the unintended consequences of her beliefs, and she paid dearly for it. Even allowing for different meanings of the word "victim," I would bet that in her final moments, when she had one of her attacker's hands wrapped around her throat and the other around her thigh, she in fact felt very much the victim. She didn't die for a noble, liberal cause. She died like a piece of meat. And it could have happened to a million other girls, even ones who don't happen to share that belief system. It's a terrible happening, and regardless of the hypothetical feelings of the victim or her family, we have to regret it and treat it seriously, because the crime in question could have happened to (almost) anybody.

That's why people are making a political issue of this event. And her dad's pejoratives notwithstanding, pointing that out does not make them racists.

Top Bottom