• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    How is a gun going to pick up a baby seal to kill somebody, they don't have arm.... Wait a minute.... Never mind.

MADD, like so many other organizations started out with a goal. When that goal was met, IMHO, they had to find something else. The current level of .08 is less than one beer per hour. Don't get me wrong I am not for drinking and driving but come on. Just like smoking. They got it banned. Now they are going after e-cigs. And, as I think we all know, they are trying universal background checks which will lead to registration, which will lead to confiscation. It is everywhere. Pick a topic. They start small and then have to justify their position, authority or salary.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I was with you until "seals." I mean where would my gun get seals from while in the middle of an office supply store!?

s0561469_sc7

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I guess Fathers Against Guns never really took off. They could have gone with Never Again Gun Safety.....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I remember where I was when I heard about the guy legally carrying a gun who shot all those people in the office supply store.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    So when are the groups like this "moms" group going to get their 12,000 signature list from gun owners to leave us the hell alone. I`m really getting tired of other people trying to control what I legally have the right to do.

Consider that last sentence one more time please. Where do you live that you get to make all your OWN rules? Hmmmmm?

I think he's only referring to the 2d, in the context of this lunacy. And I do believe that there is no law in any jurisdiction specifically forbidding citizens from bearing arms in office supply stores. :dunno:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I remember the Xerox shooting out in Honolulu, Hawaii. But that wasn't a storefront, but a tech center.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Moms Demand Action seem to target businesses where there have been negligent discharges. There are three (3) of which I am aware that has gotten the group's attention:

Starbucks, of course: December 2011, Cheyenne, WY 17 year old girl illegally carried a .38 derringer in her purse. Dropped her purse, gun discharged, and missed another patron's head by 12 inches.

Starbucks again: May 2013, St. Pete. Fla., 51 year old women with no LTC, had a .25 automatic in her purse (forgot it was in there, as she switched purses), dropped her purse and shot her friend above the knee.

Staples: August 2013, Wake Forest, N.C., legally carrying, had her gun in her purse and her 2 year old put her hand in there and was rummaging around. Mom tried to get the little one's hand out of her purse, or get her purse away from the kid (depends what story you read) and discharged the pistol (into her own leg).

Seems like purse carry is not the way to go.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Yeah, purse carry can be a bit scary with a toddler wanting to rummage in mommy's purse...

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Good for Staples. There will never be a shortage of stupid people in the world. Luckily there are people like the folks at the Staples HQ who provide a balance.

Top Bottom