• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Details, details. Doesn't the NRA have a fleet of drones to deliver guns purchased on the Internet with no background check? Funded by the gun-lobby which is the NRA?
    The NRA vends them just like at the baseball park.

Before the days of the NRA gun drones, they’d drive up and down the streets shouting through a bullhorn, “Get your Sigs, Glocks and Smiths! Right here. Right now. No background! Get your Sigs, Glocks and Smiths! Special on RIA 1911, two for one! Who wants a gun?!”

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Cross posting from a different Mom's Demand thread ...

Got another text from the Mommies today.

Hey Chris! This is Jane with Indiana Moms Demand Action. Please join us 9/22 @ St. Peter's Church, Carmel at 3:00. You will hear a recap on how our movement is working and things you can do to help, as well as a presentation about the Red Flag initiative from Dr. Michael Cloud.

I think I'm going to show up and then put on my NRA hat after they start their presentation and see what happens.

The address is 3106 E. Carmel Dr. if anyone wants to join me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think I'm going to show up and then put on my NRA hat after they start their presentation and see what happens.

And probably they'd still have no idea that you're "Chris". Awesome that they're nice enough to keep you informed on what they're up to.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    And probably they'd still have no idea that you're "Chris". Awesome that they're nice enough to keep you informed on what they're up to.

I have been very careful about texting back as to not blow my cover. Having dealt with some of these people in person, I know they will shut down and shut me out the minute they realize I'm not 100% in lock step with them.

I think for this meeting I will wait until the Q&A at the end and just ask some questions like, "didn't Indiana already have a UBC law for like 20 years that was repealed for being feckless and unenforceable? How would UBCs at the Federal level be any different?"

Hopefully get the wheels turning for some of the less committed members, rather than trying to be confrontational.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have been very careful about texting back as to not blow my cover. Having dealt with some of these people in person, I know they will shut down and shut me out the minute they realize I'm not 100% in lock step with them.

I think for this meeting I will wait until the Q&A at the end and just ask some questions like, "didn't Indiana already have a UBC law for like 20 years that was repealed for being feckless and unenforceable? How would UBCs at the Federal level be any different?"

Hopefully get the wheels turning for some of the less committed members, rather than trying to be confrontational.

Michigan has essentially had handgun registration/UBC's since the 1930's and they still have their fair share of 'gun violence' in fact I don't know if there is a documented case of their handgun registration helping in any case. They were close to getting rid of it around Sandy Hook time and then the Governor backed out plus the State Police always get in the way but that's probably more about keeping the money coming in that maintains it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Better stated would be to use more gentle language.

Or put it in the 3rd person "My domestic partner's father informed me..." Then they'd be afraid of violating your civil rights to kick you out. LOL

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Better stated would be to use more gentle language.

Or put it in the 3rd person "My domestic partner's father informed me..." Then they'd be afraid of violating your civil rights to kick you out. LOL

Or go all-in with "one of my domestic partner's mothers said..."

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Is there a school on that property.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yes, they have a pre-school/transitional K at the same address.

Carmel Preschool at St. Peter's UCC Church | St. Peter's UCC Carmel
    Not listed on the IDOE website as a school:
    https://www.doe.in.gov/sites/default/files/accountability/2018-2019-school-directory-2019-09-11.xlsx

Also does not appear on IDOE's INconnect childcare search (which shows all licensed preschools):
    https://secure.in.gov/apps/fssa/providersearch/map

I suspect this is a license-exempt child care ministry, and therefore, not a school.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Not listed on the IDOE website as a school:
    https://www.doe.in.gov/sites/default/files/accountability/2018-2019-school-directory-2019-09-11.xlsx

Also does not appear on IDOE's INconnect childcare search (which shows all licensed preschools):
    https://secure.in.gov/apps/fssa/providersearch/map

I suspect this is a license-exempt child care ministry, and therefore, not a school.

You could be correct, but given the stakes, it's not worth the potential risk to me, especially since the potential for any positive outcome is minimal. The people organizing and attending the meeting are exactly the kind of people who would do everything within their power to see someone prosecuted, or at least harassed mercilessly. They're also the kind of people who won't engage in any meaningful conversation, so there is not much to gain other than to be exposed to their rhetoric, incorrect information, and hysteria.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Come and take it” is also a death threat. Given our gun violence crisis, law enforcement must stop giving pundits and politicians who say these things a pass.

Shannon Watts @shannonrwatts
    ShannonWatts

No Shannon.
    The threat is when you say you're going to take it.

Top Bottom