• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Come and take it” is also a death threat. Given our gun violence crisis, law enforcement must stop giving pundits and politicians who say these things a pass.

Shannon Watts @shannonrwatts
    ShannonWatts

No Shannon.
    The threat is when you say you're going to take it.

Makes sense, she's against (our) 1st amendment rights too. And really doesn't know history.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Come and take it” is also a death threat. Given our gun violence crisis, law enforcement must stop giving pundits and politicians who say these things a pass.

ShannonWatts

No Shannon.

She's an endless series of examples of the projection that is almost universal among her group. What she means is, if she were the one saying it, she would be making a threat. It's just like when she make wild claims about the horrible violence that will occur if people are allowed to have guns. What she really means is, she knows she can't control herself and she would commit violent acts when enraged, so everyone else must be as weak as she is.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

ShannonWatts

No Shannon.

Steven Crowder covered this idea this week.

[video=youtube_share;GFTkr5NGzEA]http://youtu.be/GFTkr5NGzEA[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://nj2as.org/moms-demand-actio...-parts-and-tools-bayonet-and-live-ammunition/
    Moms Demand Action hosts event with illegal “large-capacity” magazines, “ghost gun” parts and tools, bayonet, and live ammunition

At the meeting it appears that several New Jersey laws were violated. The guest speaker, Scott Pappalardo, possessed several “large-capacity” magazines, unserialized 80% AR15 lower receivers, and the parts and tools to complete the lower receivers to functioning AR-15 rifles, and possessed a large bayonet.

Broke the law.
    But we all know, nothing will happen.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    https://nj2as.org/moms-demand-actio...-parts-and-tools-bayonet-and-live-ammunition/
    Moms Demand Action hosts event with illegal “large-capacity” magazines, “ghost gun” parts and tools, bayonet, and live ammunition

At the meeting it appears that several New Jersey laws were violated. The guest speaker, Scott Pappalardo, possessed several “large-capacity” magazines, unserialized 80% AR15 lower receivers, and the parts and tools to complete the lower receivers to functioning AR-15 rifles, and possessed a large bayonet.

Broke the law.
    But we all know, nothing will happen.

They were just showing us what not to do so we don't get into trouble!

Purples!

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    NJ governor reverses course and allows gun stores to reopen, Moms has a sad.

The move by Murphy came just hours after officials with gun control groups Everytown for Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action called on governors around the nation to follow Murphy’s lead and
    order gun stores to close

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/03/30/nj-gov-backs-off-gun-store-shutdown/[/FONT]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NJ governor reverses course and allows gun stores to reopen, Moms has a sad.

The move by Murphy came just hours after officials with gun control groups Everytown for Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action called on governors around the nation to follow Murphy’s lead and
    order gun stores to close

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/03/30/nj-gov-backs-off-gun-store-shutdown/

Everytown Claims Surge In Gun Sales All Because Of NRA Fearmongering
    Or, gun sales surge because people see other people acting dangerous.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Everytown Claims Surge In Gun Sales All Because Of NRA Fearmongering
    Or, gun sales surge because people see other people acting dangerous.

You know, this could be an interesting case study in the argument that "gun culture" is on the decline overall. I find it...interesting that one of the first things people do (after hoarding all the TP, natch) is go buy guns (and ammo). And anecdotally, lots of these purchases are by new gun owners (i.e. not gun "hoarders" adding to their "arsenals").

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You know, this could be an interesting case study in the argument that "gun culture" is on the decline overall. I find it...interesting that one of the first things people do (after hoarding all the TP, natch) is go buy guns (and ammo). And anecdotally, lots of these purchases are by new gun owners (i.e. not gun "hoarders" adding to their "arsenals").

I'd be interested in the numbers.
    I think before, I've heard that 1 in 5 NICS was for first timers.
    I wonder what it is now.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Most of us are prepared. I wouls guess it is the unprepared that are driving up the sales.

Top Bottom