Monster/Creature Films...Any fans and what's your favorite??????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have been a fan of these films since I was a kid......We had a show called "Fright Night" that played on WDRB in Louisville every Saturday (Pre-Cable days....) and I loved watching them...I loved the special effects, the music, the political message's (Even though it was usually early hippie "No Nukes" kind of messages), the firearms, the heroes, etc........

I was flipping through Netflix the other night and gave a film called "Grabbers" a try...(It had 4 stars and NO horror flick on Netflix gets 4 stars...) and I LOVED it....It was funny as Hell and paid homage to the old Creature flicks and did not take itself too serious....If you get a chance watch it....Here is a trailer and let's see what kind of memories we can drag up today.....

I watch "Legend of Boggy Creek" every Fall up at our little farm in Perry County...What's your'alls favorite/favorites???? And yes serial killers count because if not we could not include "The Town that Dreaded Sundown" and I could just not live with that....

You know the Phantom was never caught and could be in this movie theater with you right now...Cue spooky 70's soundtrack....

Please post a trailer or a clip to your favorites......:ingo:

[video=youtube;2TuMUqXHBnU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TuMUqXHBnU[/video]

You can tell it's the land of the IRA....

"Do you got Semtex on you?"

"Not on me...No..."

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Do a lookup to see if you have MeTV in your area. Every Saturday Night at 10PM Svengoolie hosts a sci-fi or monster flick. I'm partial to "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" and watch it at least once a month. Can't get enough of the 1950's 1960's sci fi and creature flicks.

Julie Adams is the femme fatale in the Creature Series...she is a BABE and a half....89 years old now.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Do a lookup to see if you have MeTV in your area. Every Saturday Night at 10PM Svengoolie hosts a sci-fi or monster flick. I'm partial to "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" and watch it at least once a month. Can't get enough of the 1950's 1960's sci fi and creature flicks.

Julie Adams is the femme fatale in the Creature Series...she is a BABE and a half....89 years old now.

Yes I do have MeTv...Thanks for the tip......Is this her???????

julie_reclining.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    "The Thing" with Kurt Russell was one of the best of all time. It scared the crap out of me and the pre-CGI creature effects still look pretty good after all this time.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

One of my old favorites that's so bad it's good is "From Hell It Came". Very hard to find, harder to watch without laughing. I found a copy about a month ago.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    In no particular order.
    Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Killer Clowns From Outer Space, Plan Nine From Outer Space, and the best Godzilla film of all time, Bambi vs Godzilla.

Honorable mention to Mars Attacks and the video of my first wedding.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I saw the Black Lagoon flic at the drive in when a very young kid. Scared the living Poo out of me. I did not want to swim in a lake for a long time after that.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Phantasm, Godzilla (at the risk of offending the purists, my favorite is the newest one), Slither and The Cabin in the Woods. Lately I've been geting back into Steven King's "It" (probably my all time favorite "monster"/embodiment of evil). I don't know if it fits, but "John Dies at the End" is a pretty good move and an excellent book. + John Carpenter's "The Thing".

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    "The Thing" with Kurt Russell was one of the best of all time. It scared the crap out of me and the pre-CGI creature effects still look pretty good after all this time.

Yeah, that one's pretty hard to beat.

There's also "The Swamp Thing" with Adrian Barbeau.

I also remember going to see "It's Alive" about the killer baby. I actually saw that right before going camping with some buddies back in the woods. We heard every twig crack and leaf rustle all night long.

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Anyone else remember "Snowbeast" ? Starred Bo Svenson and Yvette Mimeaux as I recall. The idea is basically the Abominable Snowman attacks a ski lodge town during a winter celebration. One of the better B movies I've seen.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    In no particular order.
    Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Killer Clowns From Outer Space, Plan Nine From Outer Space, and the best Godzilla film of all time, Bambi vs Godzilla.

Honorable mention to Mars Attacks and the video of my first wedding.

My favorite part of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is when the UN had their meeting it was in a cramped little room...Whenever the Representative from Japan was talking the dubbing would be off and his words would come out later...All of the other delegates were laughing at him and asking him what was wrong with his mouth....It was hilarious and those of us that grew up watching Ultra Man, Speed Racer, and Japanese horror films were just rolling on the ground in laughter...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've always thought that nothing beats a good entrance, the most impressive creature entrance in my opinion is the encounter with the Balrog in LOTR. The T Rex buildup with the puddles making that signature ripple was good in Jurassic Park, but the actual entrance was a little slow. Both of these use really low frequency sound well.

Top Bottom