• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I don't know if you can really justify negative feedback. It sucks, no doubt about that. Sure, the right thing for him to do is make it right by you, but like I said earlier, I don't know that I'd just go out of my way to get you the cash. I'd say that I'm either keeping it or come to me and I want a full refund. I guess the key here is did he know without a shadow of a doubt that he was taking advantage of a mistake? No way for us to know that.
    I feel for ya man, we've all made mistakes that have cost us, unfortunately. I hope you get it worked out!!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I don't know if you can really justify negative feedback. It sucks, no doubt about that. Sure, the right thing for him to do is make it right by you, but like I said earlier, I don't know that I'd just go out of my way to get you the cash. I'd say that I'm either keeping it or come to me and I want a full refund. I guess the key here is did he know without a shadow of a doubt that he was taking advantage of a mistake? No way for us to know that.
    I feel for ya man, we've all made mistakes that have cost us, unfortunately. I hope you get it worked out!!

It isn't getting worked out. I screwed up, and I got played. You win some you lose some, I get that. But to me this is a matter of principal. I still made a significant profit, but only because prices are now 200% original cost. As for whether he did it intentionally, well, you be the judge. I thought my intentions were clear, crystal clear. That's why I am upset. If I put OBO or something, then I'd not have said a word.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...7732-22lr_federal_bulk_and_cci_mini_mags.html

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It isn't getting worked out. I screwed up, and I got played. You win some you lose some, I get that. But to me this is a matter of principal. I still made a significant profit, but only because prices are now 200% original cost. As for whether he did it intentionally, well, you be the judge. I thought my intentions were clear, crystal clear. That's why I am upset. If I put OBO or something, then I'd not have said a word.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...7732-22lr_federal_bulk_and_cci_mini_mags.html

I don't blame you one bit. I hope I didn't come off as jerkish. You're absolutely right that he SHOULD make it right, and I totally get that it's the principle of the thing, but almost on that same note, it's hard to justify negative feedback for the buyer. I would leave neutral feedback and either explain what happened in a few words in the comment, or maybe even link to your post explaining how he got an unintended discount. People won't look kindly on that, IMO.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I don't blame you one bit. I hope I didn't come off as jerkish. You're absolutely right that he SHOULD make it right, and I totally get that it's the principle of the thing, but almost on that same note, it's hard to justify negative feedback for the buyer. I would leave neutral feedback and either explain what happened in a few words in the comment, or maybe even link to your post explaining how he got an unintended discount. People won't look kindly on that, IMO.

That's a good idea.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Let me recap. Some of you are missing key points. I am actually the seller, not the buyer BTW.

1) THE AD EXPLICITLY STATED THE PRICE AS $20 PER, no compromise. So there is your price tag.
    2) The buyer messaged me to that he'd take all 16 and more if I had them.
    3) I said okay, assuming they were sold at $20 each, and thereby shunning other offers
    4) He then messaged me for the total price--without asking for any discount--just kind of like we all do to confirm, and presumably to see if I might "throw him a bone"
    5) I replied I can only let go of the 16 for $220. <-- Glaring red flag right there since 16x$20 is $320
    6) He says call me, let's meet...

I didn't double check my math until I started thinking he had a funny twinkle in his eye when he handed me the cash and asked "$220, right?" Then I messaged him that I had made an big error, and that I would gladly eat half the loss, but would appreciate it if he would pay the other half or offer an equitable resolution, while I also offered to release the last 16 of my ammo if he still wanted to buy more, to make it worth his while to turn around (he didn't).

He has responded that it is not his fault whatsoever. You know what that means. I wouldn't have done that to someone else, I would've fixed it one way or another. So I'm definitely NOT selling to him again. My question is, does he deserve some bad rep? Or is it socially acceptable to take advantage of someone like me who is trying to profit from high ammo prices? Should I just drop it and say "my bad" all the way?

Your OP made it seem like you were the buyer. I have to say that it is your fault. You made that mistake not once but even at the meet you made the mistake.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Let it go and get on top of your game next time.
    In the time I have been using the classifieds the last 3 months have not been the most pleasant in dealing with some of the noobs and other idiots that creep around looking for deals to re-post for personal gain. No issues with this practice but it is very obvious who they are. Pass on these deals. Stand your ground and bide your time. If the market will bear the "High" price you put on something it will sell.

Nuff said.

lww

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    West Lafayette

I don't see why you are upset with anyone but yourself, and your attempt to to make this the buyer's fault by ascribing some nefarious motives to him just seems petulant to me.

By your own admission the buyer did not ask for a discount. You offered it. Mistake or not, you offered the lower price, he accepted your offer, and you completed the exchange. Now you want backsies?! Sorry, but you aren't playing tag in the backyard. You made a business deal that turned out to be bad for you. Too bad. Seller's remorse is not a valid reason to renege on a completed contract any more than buyer's remorse would be.

Now, if you had caught your mistake before completing the exchange, the situation would be different.

Anyway, IMHO, you did not get "played". You made a $100 mistake. The buyer did nothing wrong.

--Bill

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    All of us are driven by our own internal code. Right and wrong are different to each person. I'm the guy who gives the money back when the dimwit at the drive thru hands me to much change. You seem that way too. This time your transaction was not with a like-minded person. That's not to say he did anything wrong necessarily, he just didn't react like you would have if the tables were turned. This time it cost you a $100. Don't let it grind you.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    He knowingly took advantage of your error. Is that wrong of him to do so? Some will say no and some will say yes. I personally wouldn't do that unless I knew the seller was aware of his mistake but others are obviously not so considerate. It's definitely a grey area

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Am I reading this right? Op agrees to a price, and now is upset because the buyer gave him exactly what Op quoted him? Now your trying to flame the guy's character with this thread? Just because the buyer isn't forking over an extra $100.00 after a deal was made. What a horrible way to do business! I think Op should ask the moderators to delete this thread. I don't see where there is any moral dilemma involved.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    If I was the seller, I would not, after transaction, ask the buyer to pay an extra $100.

On the flip side, I consider myself a stand up kind of guy. As a buyer, I would have questioned your math at the FTF. Honesty is the best policy. The buyer not mentioning your math error is dishonest in my opinion but does not warrant neg rep.

You got what you quoted the seller and still were able to cash in on your ammo that you probably had $7-8 invested in each box. Let it go, bottom line, its your own fault. :twocents:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Let me get this straight, you have admitted that you are price gouging because the market is ripe for it. You have admitted you made a substantial profit from this transaction. You have admitted you made a mathematical mistake because you were too lazy to double check your math until after the transaction was complete.

Now you somehow believe it is the buyers fault for not correcting your error and feeding your greed?

So your buyer drove a considerable distance to purchase your overpriced stuff. Did he agree to the purchase based on the price you quoted him? If so why do you think he should give you additional money just because you made a mistake? Was he willing initially to pay full price for your stuff?

Top Bottom