• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    And the family members know he was unarmed based on what?

99% of these cases where the family members are blathering on about "Oh, he was just such a gentle teddy bear and 100% disabled and totally didn't have no gun and didn't do nothing wrong" end up having the body cam released showing an apparently able-bodied young man clearly armed and threatening officers at the time he was shot. We're used to seeing that song and dance routine with inner-city BLM-type thugs, and our (at least most of us on this site, I think) normal reaction in those cases is to completely discount the family's words, and predict that the evidence will show the complete opposite. So in this case, I think I'm still going to have to wait until more evidence/details come out before I jump to believing the family's claims.

Now, that being said, I'm not going to jump straight into trying to absolve the FBI, either, as I mistakenly did on the last of these such cases. Details still seem extremely sparse. What was the arrest warrant for? What evidence did they have that he was an immediate threat? And why on earth could they find no way of picking him up other than a surprise early-morning raid?

Being as it's the FBI, I wouldn't be surprised if we never get either bodycam footage, nor more meaningful details or evidence on what actually happened. And if that turns out to be the case, I think I'll take that as basically an admission by the FBI that the family's claims are true.
    You may not want to be, but I'll be explicit: these arrest tactics are complete, constitutionally protected rights-violating, ********.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You may not want to be, but I'll be explicit: these arrest tactics are complete, constitutionally protected rights-violating, ********.
    I agree. If you NEED this type of arrest tactic there should be a judge issued order, that has been looked over with a fine tooth comb. But we all know those will just get rubber stamped by certain judges anyway so stop them entirely.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In all fairness the guy was no angel and had a lengthy criminal past including assault, stabbing etc. Doesn't mean you just show up and shoot him because you can.
    You asked why the might be arresting him. I offer up a sarcastic possibility, which doesn't mean I in any way approve of their actions. Look it up

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You asked why the might be arresting him. I offer up a sarcastic possibility, which doesn't mean I in any way approve of their actions. Look it up
    No, I know what you were saying. You never make fun of the king. But this guy also wasn't the "pure as the driven snow" character his family has portrayed either. Still agree that is not a reason to be judge jury and executioner(s).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “These are just a few of the findings detailed in AFL’s report. And whereas it may sound like legalistic jargon, it is illustrative of a glaring issue in our political system and government: the federal government and federal bureaucracy are thoroughly weaponized against the ideological enemies of permanent Washington.“

“If someone presents a threat to the regime’s agenda, its allies will mobilize to violate protections legally guaranteed to that person. There can no longer be illusions of political neutrality or fair play.”

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The federal government believes that the threat of violence and major civil disturbances around the 2024 U.S. presidential election is so great that it has quietly created a new category of extremists that it seeks to track and counter: Donald Trump's army of MAGA followers.
    they must have decided the show trials aren’t going to work.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    “These are just a few of the findings detailed in AFL’s report. And whereas it may sound like legalistic jargon, it is illustrative of a glaring issue in our political system and government: the federal government and federal bureaucracy are thoroughly weaponized against the ideological enemies of permanent Washington.“

“If someone presents a threat to the regime’s agenda, its allies will mobilize to violate protections legally guaranteed to that person. There can no longer be illusions of political neutrality or fair play.”

That is nothing compared to what they are doing right now.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

DOJ involved as well.
    Fully weaponized government against supporters of a presidential candidate.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

DOJ involved as well.
    Fully weaponized government against supporters of a presidential candidate.

Dissolve it

Top Bottom