• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My point is both are just internet bloviating unless and until they are acted upon. At the point that the FBI forced their way into his house, he was not an imminent threat any more than people on INGO are an imminent threat.

We are definitely in agreement about no-knock raids.
    but again if they don't investigate and it happens, we are all over them for not doing their job. As much as I despise them they are in a pickle with people like us. They cannot win. But doing dumb things like a no-knock at 6am on a 70yo man isn't the smartest move either.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    but again if they don't investigate and it happens, we are all over them for not doing their job. As much as I despise them they are in a pickle with people like us. They cannot win. But doing dumb things like a no-knock at 6am on a 70yo man isn't the smartest move either.
    Some are all over them for failing up front, I'm not one of them. I know the people that do bad stuff are a small fraction of the idiots that spout off about it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think until there is more info

a7032dfe62de2b3d85e305acb410be0a.jpg

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    He recently posted...

"Hey FBI, you still monitoring my social media? Checking so I can be sure to have a loaded gun handy in case you drop by again."

You can debate how credible his threats towards Biden were. But his threats toward the FBI seems pretty credible to me. He kept engaging in the behavior he was warned to stop. Even escalated it. He could reasonability expect the FBI to show back up. Should we expect them to politely knock the next time?
    What crime, specifically, did he commit with this post? And what specific threat is communicated, to what specific person?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Honestly, which one of us is dumb enough to think that in this current political climate running your mouth off about assasinating the president and threatening to shoot the fibby's is a smart move? I know we are all sick and tired of the bs and the way the commies are pushing things but we should all know that we are being watched like a hawk right now. Don't be stupid, sometimes those consequences are too high.
    Who here made such an argument?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I repeat: why is the range of options limited to: a) do nothing, and b) no-knock raid and execute?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Legitimate question: Do you think he should have at least been interviewed to determine his level of severity? Or should he have been ignored?
    I'm fairly certain I've answered this question, and been very clear about my opinion, in this thread. Of course such threats need to be taken seriously and appropriately investigated.

Which of my comments implied that I think he or his threats should have been ignored?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I repeat: why is the range of options limited to: a) do nothing, and b) no-knock raid and execute?
    Seems like to me a couple guys in suits walking up to him in the grocery store and letting him know that "they need to talk about some of his FB posts" would've been a much better option. Why didn't the Secret Service do this? Too busy covering for Hunter? Too many out with dog bites? Too much time in Delaware?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Seems like to me a couple guys in suits walking up to him in the grocery store and letting him know that "they need to talk about some of his FB posts" would've been a much better option. Why didn't the Secret Service do this? Too busy covering for Hunter? Too many out with dog bites? Too much time in Delaware?

Pretty sure most initial investigations are done by locals.
    I don't think the SS has enough resources to check on every single threat.
    I think (THINK) that they only go further when locals report on it.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    David Koresh could have been picked up on one of his trips into town as well. That is not the object of the exercise though. The real object is the unbrideled exercise of government violence as a warning to those who might be willing to resist the regime.

Picking up Koresh quietly wouldn't have gotten the media spectacle, nor demonstrate the governments willingness to murder women and children by inferno to prove a point.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    David Koresh could have been picked up on one of his trips into town as well. That is not the object of the exercise though. The real object is the unbrideled exercise of government violence as a warning to those who might be willing to resist the regime.

Picking up Koresh quietly wouldn't have gotten the media spectacle, nor demonstrate the governments willingness to murder women and children by inferno to prove a point.
    Robert LaVoy Finicum approves of this post

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Stop strawmanning this. If you'd drop the emotions for a moment and actually read what I've been posting, you'd see how ludicrous this statement is.

Here's my original statement, I feel you stopped reading it when you got to something you didn't like:

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'm fairly certain I've answered this question, and been very clear about my opinion, in this thread. Of course such threats need to be taken seriously and appropriately investigated.

Which of my comments implied that I think he or his threats should have been ignored?
    again, drop the emotion. I was asking a legitimate question to clarify your position. But you need to stop the strawman ****. I think if you'd take a breath, go back and read through what I've said REPEATEDLY you'd see we probably agree more than not.

Top Bottom