• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I hate to think what it will be like during the dog days of summer when the heat and humidity go up and take peoples tempers with it. There is little regard for life among the 'utes' of today. Where do people get the idea that you are entitled to respect? It's ironic that most of those that demand respect have no idea how to show respect for others.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I hate to think what it will be like during the dog days of summer when the heat and humidity go up and take peoples tempers with it. There is little regard for life among the 'utes' of today. Where do people get the idea that you are entitled to respect? It's ironic that most of those that demand respect have no idea how to show respect for others.

We've already seen the normal "better weather" up-tick....

-J-

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, the good news is Darwin will weed out half of them and the other half will be in jail. It's really a self correcting problem if you let it run it's course.

Not our jails. We have a revolving door policy here in Marion Co. In the front......out the back and right back into the crap.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You're assuming 1) you'll have the opportunity to apologize, and 2) your apology will be accepted.

Don't matter. I apologize and move on. Anything after that is on them as I move away/on. I don't have an inferiority complex that requires I be "respected" or that "I get mine". I will do what I can to defuse the situation unless backed into a corner with no way out. Period.

That and I stay the **** away from the ****ty parts of town during the wee hours of the morning because I'm in bed so I can get up and go to work to provide for my family.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Well, the good news is Darwin will weed out half of them and the other half will be in jail. It's really a self correcting problem if you let it run it's course.

Incredible modern medical technology, social entitlement programs and inefficient/ineffective judicial actions have effectively nullified Darwin. People that could not afford to have a child (or shouldn't have a child) can due to food stamps and free or close to free health care. Medical technology advancements have made injuries that would have killed a person formerly in our society a non-factor (gunshot wounds, even minor ones, would have been deadly back then, but medicine has exponentially expanded their chances of survival). Revolving door prison systems due to lack of funding or social attitude changes have made the threat of jail time or felony status a non-issue, even glorified in rap culture.

Darwin is obsolete, made so by our own hand.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That and I stay the **** away from the ****ty parts of town during the wee hours of the morning because I'm in bed so I can get up and go to work to provide for my family.

When will people accept that mom was right. "Nothing good happens after midnight!"

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Guess mom didn't have much fun when she was younger. All the best things happen after midnight.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Ever worked second shift at a factory where 400 people get off work at 1 am ?

Precisely.

This idea of "you shouldn't be in those parts of town" or "stay inside after 9PM" is defeatism and unalloyed bullcrap. WE own these streets, not the thugs. They are OURS, not theirs. People should be able to walk down any street in this city and thugs should be subject to correction for inappropriate actions, whether that correction comes in the form of an arrest or half a magazine of Corbon DPX in their chest. Time to stop being afraid.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Precisely.

This idea of "you shouldn't be in those parts of town" or "stay inside after 9PM" is defeatism and unalloyed bullcrap. WE own these streets, not the thugs. They are OURS, not theirs. People should be able to walk down any street in this city and thugs should be subject to correction for inappropriate actions, whether that correction comes in the form of an arrest or half a magazine of Corbon DPX in their chest. Time to stop being afraid.

It will come to this eventually if changes are not made.
    To sit and watch for change through Gov. intervention will put everyone indoors after 8:00 cause it aint gonna happen. We put up with ZERO Bravo Sierra in our "Hood" and the Zombies know it. Our area has for the most part stepped up being vigilant. Problem is we all know who the A$$hats are as does LEO. LEO is powerless to get after them until they show their hand and do something stupid. Even then the courts/jails/system will not hold them. It is a ridiculous cycle.
    Wild Wild west coming to a neighborhood near you soon. Release date to be announced.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Or, do like I do and live rural. It's quieter, nicer, cleaner and friendlier than 90%of what's inside the loop. Where the biggest issue is "do I shoot the coyote in the field or wait for him to get into the yard".

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Or, do like I do and live rural. It's quieter, nicer, cleaner and friendlier than 90%of what's inside the loop. Where the biggest issue is "do I shoot the coyote in the field or wait for him to get into the yard".

I went rural as well. I saw the writing on the wall and I knew these areas were lost to civilization quite a few years ago.
    Law enforcement is on the outside of this world and only a reactionary force due to the restrictions placed on them.
    I don't know what the answer is other than locking up people when they break the law. Screw cable TV in jail, good food, and take away all the perks. Jail is for punishment. Make it so.
    I'm not buying all that "he was a good kid" crap. Maybe when he was 2 yrs old?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

Retreat is always an option, however, intercity crime IS spilling into rural areas, not just homies busting down your door, but meth labs, prostitution and the general diaspora of urban communities moving to rural areas due to lower property prices and the increasing reliability of cars to transport people.

People keep using the "rural" card, not understanding that rural or suburban is as good a defense as using statistics to "defend" yourself (the statistics of me being robbed are XX%, so I just won't carry a gun, or other such nonsense).

Top Bottom