• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Retreat is always an option, however, intercity crime IS spilling into rural areas, not just homies busting down your door, but meth labs, prostitution and the general diaspora of urban communities moving to rural areas due to lower property prices and the increasing reliability of cars to transport people.

People keep using the "rural" card, not understanding that rural or suburban is as good a defense as using statistics to "defend" yourself (the statistics of me being robbed are XX%, so I just won't carry a gun, or other such nonsense).

There have been at least three "smash & grab" burglaries in southern Johnson Co in the last few weeks.

Rural doesn't = safety & security. Sometimes it can mean you're an easier target because no one is around to watch what's going on at your house.

-J-

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The thugs feel at ease cruising the burbs now. They see money. They have stolen about everything in their areas so they are coming to an area near you. If you live within 10 miles of an interstate they will be along shortly.

Top Bottom