• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    No. I think he is for real. Have no idea why but unless he just gets a kick out of wasting good peoples time he is for real.

I see not reason why Microsoft has the right to destroy my personal property on my computer.
    The programs I install on my computer is my property and I paid to use it.
    Even if it is FREE ware. I installed it and it ran on MY computer. Microsoft does not have to right to terminate.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I see not reason why Microsoft has the right to destroy my personal property on my computer.
    Even if it is FREE ware. I installed it and it ran on MY computer. Microsoft does not have to right to terminate.

Have you offered up some proof of this. I have not read the entire thread. It seems those with the knowledge you asked in this area have responded.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

You can't see it because you are deliberately blind.

You do not own any software. Not Windows. Not Word Perfect 10. None of it.

Microsoft owns Windows, including the copy that is running on your computer. They have the legal and ethical right to change Windows at any time. It's on the companies who license to you software that they claim works on Windows to maintain that software's compatibility with Windows.

If you want to keep using Word Perfect 10, restore your system to a time when that program worked, then never connect your system to the internet ever again.

If you are unwilling to take the steps to the above remedy, then quit your bellyaching and get some software from the last decade.

In either case, nobody owes you anything. You sound like a schoolboy who didn't get his way. Just stop it already.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is what you seem to be missing/ignoring/not caring about. You don't own software unless you wrote it. Software is always licensed. Sometimes you pay for the license, sometimes it's free but it's always licensed. That license tells you what you can and can't do as well as what the vendor can do.

Don't like Microsoft's practices, switch to Apple. You'll find things are pretty similar. Even if you go open source as one of the Linux options it is still a license for you to use it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is what you seem to be missing/ignoring/not caring about. You don't own software unless you wrote it. Software is always licensed. Sometimes you pay for the license, sometimes it's free but it's always licensed. That license tells you what you can and can't do as well as what the vendor can do.

Don't like Microsoft's practices, switch to Apple. You'll find things are pretty similar. Even if you go open source as one of the Linux options it is still a license for you to use it.

You are wasting time/effort/intelligence. Some folks just gt stuck in the rut of I am right. Even when they are not. I am closing this thread as it is wasting server space that we (Ingo) does not own. We gt to use it for a fee but we do not own it.

Thanks to all who donated their time here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom