• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I just bought a new PC for one of our designers. I was delighted to see I could still select Windows 7. I sent the configuration off for a formal quote and the sales guys said...

The operating system has been changed to Windows 10 Professional as Windows 7 isn"t supported by Microsoft on 7th and 8th generation processor.

:(

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I've been around since win 3.1 and am a linux admin by profession..

I don't get all the hate around win 10. I love it. Been using it since beta.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've been around since win 3.1 and am a linux admin by profession..

Same here regarding Win 10. No longer a system admin, but was one for years (non Windows systems) and have no issues with 10.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

I haven't heard anything really bad about it. Mostly positive. It's just something new. Never know how all our various CAD/CAM software will work with it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Except that they apparently don't support Word Perfect 10. Bastages!

giphy.gif

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Not the same. Those are two pieces of hardware. In this instance, the software is between your ears.

My computer is my "HARDWARE". What I purchased to use on it is mine and not theirs.
    Gl-ck would love it, if after owning a Gl-ck gun for X years. Gl-ck said now you can only use Gl-ck ammo. Your Gl-ck stops functioning.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    My computer is my "HARDWARE". What I purchased to use on it is mine and not theirs.
    Gl-ck would love it, if after owning a Gl-ck gun for X years. Gl-ck said now you can only use Gl-ck ammo. Your Gl-ck stops functioning.

This is where you are 100% wrong. You don't own anything but the hardware. When you click "I agree", it's a user agreement. You don't own anything OS related, just have permission to use it. Even if you went to the store, got that old school box with the service key on the side, you don't "own a copy of windows," you own a copy of a permission agreement.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

Technically you do t really "own" windows. You in a license to the software.

Let's say your uncle Bill owns 700k acres of hunting land. And he says for 300$ you can use my land and even bring your own jeeps and tree stands. I'll handle cutting the grass, making sure there animal's to hunt and reserve the rights to change anything I like.

A few years of this deal has been pretty good but one day you show up and see a big sign that says "no gas vehicles" and all of the jeep trails have been closed off.

Do you get to be pissed you can drive your jeep around? Sure. Is it your right to make him reopen the lanes. Nope!

He owns the land, he just let's you play with it.
    He at any point could revoke your access all together as well.

Microsoft sells you a license to use their hunting land. They can amke changes or revike your access however and whenever they want.

And the fun part? You agreed to all this when you said yes to the EULA

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No. I think he is for real. Have no idea why but unless he just gets a kick out of wasting good peoples time he is for real.

Maybe he's the ATM of computer software rights?

ATM argues absolute 2A rights. SJ argues the absolute right to use software decades past prime even though it has an infinite shelf life and is expected to become obsolete. :dunno:

Life in the world of computers sucks, Spike, and nothing lasts forever. It was never designed to. Suck it up, buttercup.

Go complain directly to the vendors, because it has been explained to you here repeatedly and you just dont get it. Some of us here are tired of the irrational whining.

:ranton:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Maybe he's the ATM of computer software rights?

ATM argues absolute 2A rights. SJ argues the absolute right to use software decades past prime even though it has an infinite shelf life and is expected to become obsolete. :dunno:

Life in the world of computers sucks, Spike, and nothing lasts forever. It was never designed to. Suck it up, buttercup.

Go complain directly to the vendors, because it has been explained to you here repeatedly and you just dont get it. Some of us here are tired of the irrational whining.

:ranton:

Wait! What?? Without whining INGO would deflate!!

[video=youtube;HEnQrgasrog]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEnQrgasrog[/video]

I was searching for a suitable "deflating" video but found myself strangely drawn to this one!:naughty:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wait! What?? Without whining INGO would deflate!!

[video=youtube;HEnQrgasrog]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEnQrgasrog[/video]

I was searching for a suitable "deflating" video but found myself strangely drawn to this one!:naughty:

I just might let her sit on MY inflatable. :naughty:

I might need a bag tho... you never see her face.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom