• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The Prestige, Integrity and Guts acronym was used by the FOP in the early 70's as a foil to the long haired anarchist types calling us that.
    It never caught on with LEO's from my generation because we were the same age as the simpletons who were using it derogatorily, and we knew full well what they meant when they used that term.
    Like I've said, it's every bit as offensive to some LEO's as the"N" word is to Black People.
    However I suppose some childish individuals can't resist the urge to hurl insults at an entire group of people because of the actions of someone like the idiot in Canton.

I hear "black people" calling each other the "N" an they don't seem to mind at all.....I'm confused:D Sometimes people extend the middle finger at me....a friend said.***"Don't let it get you down, its just there way of saying your number 1." As for the Canton officer...if you make an ass of yourself, someone will come along to ride you.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I hear "black people" calling each other the "N" an they don't seem to mind at all.....I'm confused:D Sometimes people extend the middle finger at me....a friend said.***"Don't let it get you down, its just there way of saying your number 1." As for the Canton officer...if you make an ass of yourself, someone will come along to ride you.
    None of the Black People I've ever known would use that term.
    They consider it something said by ignorant, uneducated, morons who are trying to be "cute".
    Even Richard Pryor swore off using it before he died.
    He said he realized that it was offensive and played into the stereotypes promoted by hate groups.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Many LEO's consider the term PIG every bit as bad as the "N" word when referring to Black People.

Such officers should find another line of work. Kinda hard to change your race, but LEOs aren't forced to work in such a capacity.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Such officers should find another line of work. Kinda hard to change your race, but LEOs aren't forced to work in such a capacity.
    A little civility would be a better solution.
    But, some people find it difficult to be civil.
    Maybe they weren't taught manners when they were growing up.:dunno:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    None of the Black People I've ever known would use that term.
    They consider it something said by ignorant, uneducated, morons who are trying to be "cute".
    Even Richard Pryor swore off using it before he died.
    He said he realized that it was offensive and played into the stereotypes promoted by hate groups.

I'm glad Pryor did that, never knew that, now if we can get the rappers to stop....an my former pastor. He loved being with people an driving along the street an if seeing a black person, he would then stop an ask for you to roll down your window an then to my surprize yell "hey "N" an then you would look an see a black person looking at you, while my pastor would be looking the other way laughing his head off!!! I tried telling him he couldn't do that!! Its wrong!!! Maybe it was his way of shrugging off rasicm..? Then one day a person who had visited my church said.."Your pastor is a good "N"......in shock I said.."What?"....an this moron said the same thing again like it was a compliment...I was just too shocked to say anything....later I got more an more mad at this guy, an ended up telling my pastor....to my surprize again he literally cracked up laughing!! Its not funny, its wrong!! Whats wrong with you....my pastor said he knew the guy enough to know even in ignorance he somehow meant well. This "black" pastor of mine was to say the least, very unique.

stacks067

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    New Haven
    Why is it that civilians seem to know the law better than law enforcement sometimes. Not speeking about all cops, just my few experiences.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Why is it that civilians seem to know the law better than law enforcement sometimes. Not speeking about all cops, just my few experiences.
    Police are NOT law experts at all. (BTW I am not bashing. I am a former PO) If you KNOW the law, a quiet, calm demeanor while explaining the law without calling the officer stupid is the best course of action. Either that or just do what I had to do before, plead innocent and go in court show them their error!:rockwoot:

Top Bottom