• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Paint a few human outlines in the front yard using yellow spray paint including the bread bag in the outline. Then string 'crime scene' tape around. Red paint for effect...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The first thing they see when they come down my drive is my shooting bench and targets. Since the grass is growing it has almost covered up the pile of spent shells.

I just might get them to thinking...

jwright2882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    Thanks for the post. I almost forgot about morels with all the crap going on right now. Would be a good diversion and get my daughter out of the house. She had a meltdown yesterday because we wouldn’t let her go hang out with her friends. She’s 23 years old. She tried to convince us her mental health (all about me, me, me...) is more important than contracting or spreading COVID.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Thanks for the post. I almost forgot about morels with all the crap going on right now. Would be a good diversion and get my daughter out of the house. She had a meltdown yesterday because we wouldn’t let her go hang out with her friends. She’s 23 years old. She tried to convince us her mental health (all about me, me, me...) is more important than contracting or spreading COVID.

WOW

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    first 3....

Mkt4QV0.jpg

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Our Owen county woods is about a week away from Morels. We looked around today but nothing yet. Saw plenty of deer evidence (tracks) but no human prints. We haven't ran across anyone yet.

Seems a little to cold up here yet. We've got plenty of rain just needs to warm up a bit

I said a week but looking at the forecast I think we're more like two weeks out. Best results when you've had 3 nights in a row above 50 degrees.

Anyone carry a long gun when mushroom hunting?

Yes! Especially during this time. Trespassers seem much more attentive when you run across them.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I carry anytime I walk my woods. I'm not the top off the food chain up there if I don't. I have very little patience for trespassing. I control the conversation from beginning to end.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Carrying is a given. I was talking an additional long gun.

I was kind of thinking a nice light MKII FVSR with a petite Nikon 2-7?

I've had shots at chip monks (which migrate up the hill to aggravate my property as the weather warms.) Also seen numerous coyotes moving all around at various times in the daylight lately.

In the past, I've carried a peep sighted 77/357 with 25 rounds on board, split between hand-loaded hard cast deer thumpers and light bunny loads. It'd certainly be better 'yote medicine on top of a bonofide SD cartridge for two legged snakes in the woods or in my driveway returning home. Not quite as precise for the ground squirrels though, which might be the biggest threat?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Morels are still in hiding on our property! Last year was a bumper crop, hoping for same this year. I just have 1 bag of frozen Morels left so I'm ready for them to pop and replenish my supply.
    I’ve never tried freezing. Are they really any good after freezing?

Top Bottom