• Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Ok guys need some help, I've been cleaning my Mosin on and off for the past month letting it soak in Windex, Hoppes 9, used Never Dull, etc. still can't get all the crap out of it. I've scrubbed and scrubbed, even used hot water and soap, still getting dirty patches and dirty jabs of Never Dull. I let it soak for a week at a time still no luck. Any ideas or should I just keep at it. Keep in mind this rifle probably has not been cleaned since WWII. I will try anything at this point.

Brown bore. It's not going to come clean and that's OK.

When cleaning, do this:

1. Run a patch or two of soapy water down the bore. Do not overdo the soap; think of a drop in a full sink of water. You don't need more than that.

The water should be luke-warm. People will tell you HOT, but this is not correct. Hot water will cause flash rust and frustrate you.

2. Run two or three patches saturated with clean lukewarm water down the bore.

3. Run two or three drying patches down the bore.

4. Clean normally. I just spray some G96 on a patch, run it down the bore and out, let it sit, run two patches down, then an oil patch, let it sit for a few minutes, then a dry patch.

The best thing you can do for a brown bore is shoot out the crud and clean properly. You'll see a decrease in fouling over time.

Josh

Top Bottom