• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    How does a mosin nagant for only 100 bucks sound? I'm not to familier with them but it sounds like a pretty good deal to me
    Not the best price you will find if you shop around, but not too far off. If the bore is nice and the numbers match go for it! You could easily spend $10 - $30 bucks driving around looking for a better deal.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    That seems about average(or a little lower than average) for the 91/30s I've seen locally. I wish I could go back in time to when I picked up my Czech 8mm Mauser for $45 and my brother pick up a really nice Mosin Nagant M44 for under $80.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I paid $79.00 for my first one a year ago. Since then, they have gone up, and M44's are even higher. Around here, (south central Indiana) the going rate is $119.00 on average, so I would say if the serial numbers match, it's an OK deal, not great, but not too bad either. Is it a Tula or Ishevsk? Or something else? Is it Hex reciever? I look at all those things when I buy another one, and if you buy one, you WILL buy another.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You must of just got the Cabella's circular in the paper today. At that price I would imagine that they will be "fair" grade or worse.

If it's Cabellas then they are on sale from $149.00. They had a bunch on the rack in Hammond for that price. I didn't look at them closely but they all had the billboard import etching on the upper left side of the receiver.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I paid $79.00 for my first one a year ago. Since then, they have gone up, and M44's are even higher. Around here, (south central Indiana) the going rate is $119.00 on average, so I would say if the serial numbers match, it's an OK deal, not great, but not too bad either. Is it a Tula or Ishevsk? Or something else? Is it Hex reciever? I look at all those things when I buy another one, and if you buy one, you WILL buy another.

The highest I have paid for one was $175 for an M91/38 and the same for a very nice T53 made in Sept 53, not easy to find.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    If it's Cabellas then they are on sale from $149.00. They had a bunch on the rack in Hammond for that price. I didn't look at them closely but they all had the billboard import etching on the upper left side of the receiver.

That's where I saw it at, and what's all that mean? It sounds like I should just save my money

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I know that Dunham's has them on sale off and on for $79 or $89. I did see the Midwest Gun Exchange thing I got in the mail. I haven't been up there to check condition or to see if they're Tula or Ishevsk. The ones I saw at Dunham's in Warsaw looked pretty decent. Only time I'd buy one at Dunham's is if they were on sale. I believe they were closer to $130 and $140 for laminate stock.

Top Bottom