• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 444HPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Hamilton
    Ok guys I've been looking over the some of the threads and I see quite a few about the Mosin, I have the Mosin 91/30 I think (its about 4' long lol). Any way Im just wondering what the big hype about the rifle is. BTW I paid $20 for it and 1000rds of ammo from a friend that couldn't get it to fire, turns out didnt have a firing pin but I made my own. I really never found a purpose for this rifle besides blowing up frozen milk jugs :D

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site

:ugh:
    ruhroh128548602003264776.jpg

To save yourself anymore misunderstandings or grief.
    I will buy it for 40$ pleeeeeeease??

if so can i buy your ammo tooooo?

I wanna see pics of that firing pin.

Last edited:

444HPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Hamilton
    I know it was a Russian gun but it seems like some people here are fans of the rifle and i dont see why, its not a practical rifle for anything beside people killing bc you cannot use it in IN for hunting except maybe coyotes.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I know it was a Russian gun but it seems like some people here are fans of the rifle and i dont see why, its not a practical rifle for anything beside people killing bc you cannot use it in IN for hunting except maybe coyotes.

Hummmmmm..........

Do you want to sell it? I'll double your money!

444HPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Hamilton
    No not looking to sell it, I just dont get the hype; I shoot it from time to time but if it came down to it Ill take my Springfield 1903 over the Mosin anyday

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    You are for real aren't you?:stickpoke:

Well for starters I dare you to use INGO search and enter,

Mosin Nagant
    Mosin
    Nagant
    M44
    91/30
    Tula

You will find your answers if you look around.

Last edited:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Very good hunting rifle for states that you can use it in, very historicle weapon if you google the history of the gun. Plus its just cool, big bullet with alot of powder, And there cheap! what more could you ask for.

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    as a former marine sniper i have fired the 03 and it is a fine weapon i have a 91/30 that i have reworked and it is just as good and the 7.62 x54 is very similar to a 308 which is a 7.62x51 which i fired in the m-14 it is all a matter of taste and making your weapon into what you want i have 350.00 invested in my mosin can you find a 03 for that? jmo

23mar03

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I agree^. I bought mine for around $100 and have since put $250 more into it.(added a MC stock, modified the bolt handle, added a bi-pod, drilled and tapped for a added scope.)
    Over all, I consider it the best bang for a poorman's buck. It also takes a hunk out of the rascally coyotes at a distance too.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCSDWM0J-L8]YouTube - Hog Hunting - Best Shot Ever[/ame]

Name another $100 rifle that will take out a hog at 350 yrds. Point proven:yesway:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I've owned three Mosins, currently own two (M44 & M38), they're simply awesome guns. Brutally simple and durable rifles, robust action, powerful and inexpensive ammo, the very definition of "bang for the buck". If you own one for $20 (+1,000rds. of ammo!!) and you've shot it and still don't get it, I'm afraid there's no reaching you with that gun.

BTW, not knocking your gunsmith abilities in any way, but what did you make a firing pin out of, and how? I'd recommend buying a "factory fit" one if you plan on shooting it or selling it.

It's part #4 on this schematic, $20.

Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

bigchis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    I have several rifles, both open sights and with scopes and none are as fun to shoot as my mosins. I am not sure if it is the fact that they were made 40 years before I was born or the fact that they are they simplest designed guns and yet as accurate as any other. Plus you can't beat only paying $100 for them. Yeah the cheap surplus ammo is corrosive but I am very strict on cleaning my guns after shooting them anyway. As far as what you get for what you pay, this gun is at the top of the list.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Well the Russians sure found a "purpose" for it. Lot's of dead Germans will attest to that fact. Bill T.

There are also at least 11 million dead Russians who can attest to the fact that it is a completely useless battlefield weapon........ The dead Germans were killed by Americans, or Russians using American equipment.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    I purchased mine in 2009 for $67 and after that a scope, modified the bolt so as to clear the scope.The scope is a Weaver 3-10x50 Grand Slam. More money in the scope than everything together. After putting 17 rounds down the pipe for Zero I now can take 800 yard shoots. I've taken it out too Wyoming for prairie dog shoots, and so far I have had nothing but funnnnn. My longest kill has been 675 yards on a prairie dog. It's cheap shooting, you can find ammo everywhere. A box of 20 for $3.85. The Finn's soldier Simo Hayha, (Finnish famed sniper) killed 500 Russian soldier with his Mosin. Too me it's a great piece of military history and for the price it's a great rifle. While in Vietnam one of our snipers with the 101st abn. 2/502 had a Mosin Nagant that was set up for long distance shoots. He had 36 kills with it. His other rifle was a Remington that was used also, but he said he felt that the Mosin was a "Great sniper rifle" Open sites I have had 350- 400 yard shoots with great accuracy. Play with it, see what you can do, and I'll give you $40 for it any day...

Top Bottom