• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    buy a normal mosin and send handle off and have a pro bend & polish for around $50.00.for the scope you can find a better one for ca.$120.00 total cost $350.00. add another $159.00 an get tactical stock from ATI and you still have about $300.00 for a lot of add on to make it sweet and a modern day sniper.

Sorry, but that is not going to be a "modern day sniper". A m24 or M40 is going to shoot the pants off of the rifle your suggesting.

Agreed that $800 is way too much for a Mosin, unless your a collector. I've been thinking about picking up a 91/30 to mount my POSP scope that's collecting dust in my closet. Would make a nice cheap shooter with the current price of ammo, but I need another rifle like I do a hole in the head.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Im no exspert ,,but that scope looks like it sets to far back,,and what is the differents between the 91/30 mosin and the ones they call sniper?

Nope, its correct. The PU scope is very compact, and the rings make it look like it is too far back.

That looks really cool, but what constitutes the large price difference? I'm not saying it's not worth it, as I love my Mosin M38. It's just 10x more than the mil surp ones and I'm wondering the difference besides the bent bolt handle and the scope...

Thanks,

S4F

Original sniper rifles have had some work besides the bolt handle and scope added. Triggers were smoothed, action bedded to the stock, and just better fit and finish. Also a genuine PU is going to increase in value much, much faster than a run of the mill refurb 91/30. Last decent sized batch of real PUs came in about 4 years ago, and sold for $4-500, so they've doubled in that time. That's a big increase in value. If you think $800 is a lot for a PU, you should price PE and PEM rifles, not to mention sniper rifles from the other major combatants. Makes $800 look like a bargain.

Top Bottom